AVIC411.com

AVIC-F90BT - Youtube Video (Faulty Touchscreen Advice?)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My F90BT is doing the same exact thing as the OP's unit. It worked great for about a month, then has progressively gotten worse and worse. After less than two months of use, it is now to the point of being unusable and I am going to have to un-install it and send it back to Pioneer for warranty service. I am beyond frustrated with this thing and have almost put my fist through the screen on more than one occasion, which is too bad since I love the unit when it is working properly. Unfortunately, it never works properly anymore. :evil:

I regret this purchase already, and will think twice before buying anything from Pioneer in the future. In fact, depending on how this warranty claim goes, it is likely I will never buy anything from Pioneer again.

Yeah, at this point, I would be happy if I only had a second or two of delay. Most times, touching the screen does absolutely nothing anymore - just like in the OP's video. It even exhibits this behavior when in Testmode. My unit is definitely bad and will be sent to Pioneer.

Yeah when I clicked his video I was guessing it would be like mine, but no, it is MUCH MUCH worse.

Same thing happened to me. You just have to send it back, it's a faulty screen controller. BTW, I had the bypass done to mine and Pioneer gave me no issues whatsoever.

Luckily, their service center is right here in california...it's only about 20 miles from me. I wonder if i should mail it, or just drive there.

I'm having a similar problem with my unit. Every once in a while when the unit boots and the warning screen comes up, the touchscreen is unresponsive and I cannot click on the "OK" button. So the screen is stuck on the warning screen, but with my iPod connected, music plays and I can control it from the knob. I have the hardware bypass done. I called Pioneer today (told them that i didn't believe the installer did the bypass), and was told the same thing, that if the bypass was done, that would be the cause. What I don't understand is why it would be sporadic. When the screen doesn't freeze, the unit seems to function properly. When it does freeze, I hit the reset button and after rebooting it again, it typically works ok again. Anyone know the cause or fix to this?

I have the F700BT and it is nothing like in that video. It is rather quick, and some buttons for certain functions are quicker. Sometime, for certain fonction (EQ), I need to press a few times, but this is rare. By the way, I have the hand break by-pass. But I am wondering if one would undo the by-pass if "button" speed would increase? Perhaps it is worth exploring this option and test this out? Anyone tried that? Did it do anything?

Alternatively, perhaps there are others on this forum who DO NOT HAVE the by-pass (software nor hardware) who have the same problem who can chim in? This could confirm that the by-pass is not the problem... Anyone?

Nice video and background music.

Somehow, my loading the IPOD is much faster on my F700BT than yours, and same for BT connection, but I have turned VR off. Loading to FM takes about 5 sec so I make a point of tuning to an FM station I like before turning off the engine; this way music is almost instantaneous. I am therefore not complaining.

My menu button is about the same as yours – slow at times but speeds up after a while. Other function buttons are snappy, but it depends: FM is quick, IPOD is slower(?)

Nice set-up you have there.

Question - Do you have the by-pass? (I do)

PS - I like the end (i.e. "Fin", it gives it an European flavor..!)

Nice video and background music.

Somehow, my loading the IPOD is much faster on my F700BT than yours, and same for BT connection, but I have turned VR off. Loading to FM takes about 5 sec so I make a point of tuning to an FM station I like before turning off the engine; this way music is almost instantaneous. I am therefore not complaining.

My menu button is about the same as yours – slow at times but speeds up after a while. Other function buttons are snappy, but it depends: FM is quick, IPOD is slower(?)

Nice set-up you have there.

Question - Do you have the by-pass? (I do)

PS - I like the end (i.e. "Fin", it gives it an European flavor..!)

Thanks!

I actually did that video a few weeks ago for a forum member who also owns a Saturn Vue and was contemplating the purchase of an F90BT. I do have the by-pass done - I'm fairly certain it's a hardware by-pass as I paid a shop to install when firmware 1.0 was out but I have personally flashed it to 2.0. I am assuming any software by-pass would have been lost during an upgrade. (?)

I notice sometimes that my system is faster booting up at times compared to my video example. Strange - I think my video example is a worse-case example on my end.

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update to the issues I was experiencing (same as the OP):

I sent my F90BT in to Pioneer for repairs on 6/19 and received my unit back from them on 7/1 (I know I received my same unit back, since it still had my custom black knob on it :D ). They said they replaced the "Monitor Board" and updated the firmware to 2.006. It seems to be working much better now, so I am happy. I will have to see if it holds up, though, since my unit originally worked fine for the first few weeks and then started going to crap. My fingers are crossed in the hope that the problems with this unit are behind me.