AVIC411.com

F500BT Cradle Connector

I would like to have a separate cable (not the fat one coming with the unit), connecting 12V to the cradle. Does anyone know where I can buy the connector separately, please? I could then just solder the right cables for the plug...

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Gino

If you mean the cigarette lighter adapter, then it is not 12v, but it is 5v. The large plastic plug that goes in the cigarette lighter converts the cars 12v to 5v that the unit needs. Hooking it directly to 12v will fry the F-500BT. The thickness of the wire on the adapter is relevant to the current flow through the wire. Larger wire = more electric. If you use too small a wire you can also cause damage by not providing enough current and cause the F-500BT to fail also.

The ND-G500 has a similar setup using the output to be wired to the cradle's harness for the converted 12v to 5v and a large enough wire to be safe for the connection.

You can use the cradle/window mount for the device and just use the cigarette adapter plugged into the F-500BT itself like the home AC adapter, and not use the right angle plug into the cradle, if this is the "fat" cable you don't want to use.

Thank you, maybe I need to clarify this. It is much more convenient to just plug "fat" wire into the cradle, and not touch it again, just connect/disconnect the unit. So, I would like to just have a "fat" wire connector on one side, and 5V plug that the other (12V/5V regular plug) connects to. So, I can avoid fiddling with the 5V DC in every time I plug in the unit. Now, I also noticed (maybe it's just me) that the unit seems to respond faster to my input when power is coming through the cradle. I see no logic in this, but I am pretty certain I can see the difference.

Anyway, the plug at the end of the "fat" cable, this is what I am after. Short of buying a new cable (don't want to mess with the one it came with), I couldn't find any on the parts sites, so I posted question here...

Cheers,

Gino

You could plug the cigarette adapter into the cradle cord and provide the 5v that way. You could hardwire a wire with a cigarette lighter socket behind the dash, use the adapter and hide as much as you can get behind the dashboard, and have your 5v hidden. The connector for the 5v is a small one unlike any other I have seen, it could be proprietary to Pioneer, but more likely it is a newer standard size plug that can be found online or at electronic specialty shops.

Good Luck!