AVIC411.com

AVIC-N2 insert appropiate disk problem

Hello to all,
I have a AVIC-N2 that keeps asking me to insert the appropiate disk. When I insert the navigation DVD Rom it just says eject and insert the appropiate disk again. I do this but it just keeps asking to eject and insert the appropiate disk again over and over. I've tried other CDs, DVDs, etc but with these nothing happens at all. Can anyone help .
Thanks
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm having the same problem w/ my N1. After getting it back from Pioneer to change the flex cable and getting it reinstalled, I can't use my nav discs also. I called Pioneer again this morning and all they told me was that they didn't touch the N1 as far as upgrading it and they only replaced the flex cable. After arguing w/ the service rep for several minutes telling them that everything was working fine w/ the unit before the flex cable went out and then being returned after the flex cable upgrade, and subsequently finding out that my nav discs aren't working on my N1, I asked the service rep if they will repair my N1 for free, and she said that she will write up an order # and the higher ups will decide what to do from there and that another service rep will be calling me w/in 3-5 business days. The price to fix it from what she told me would be $200 which is effin' ridiculous. I swear, Pioneer's customer service sucks balls.
  • 5 weeks later...
you guys might be able to fix your problem by "force flashing" the head unit. There are instructions on how to do it somewhere around here. Essentially , this lets you upgrade to version 60 and if you dont like it or have trouble bypassing it...., you can then go ahead and force flash the deck with an older version. THis gets rid of the upgrade and lets you use whatever disc you want.