AVIC411.com

Carbon Fibre Theme (modified Guga's Theme)

First of all thanks heaps Guga for all your hard work! Let me know what you think!

Dave.

[attachment=5]IMG_9728a.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]IMG_9728d.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]IMG_9728c.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_9728b.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]IMG_9728e.jpg[/attachment]

Hey sorry i took so long i'm still pretty new to Forums so it took me awhile to figure out how to up load the files.

http://rapidshare.com/files/239472491/G ... e.zip.html

Once you've unzipped the theme file you'll notice there's two files, image.res and a gps theme file. the image.res can simply replace the image.res file found in your APL folder. But with the gps theme file you'll need to copy the images files from within and paste them into APL2/igo/Data/ui_pioneer/800x480.

When i get a chance i will creat a generic Pioneer, bottom title bar and post it.

Enjoy Dave.

I really like this theme, it is pretty close to what I have been looking for, I just want the carbon fiber, I dont want to change the UI pics, could you tell me which bmp files I need to copy? thank you.

By ui picks do you mean the icons?

All you really need to do is unzip the image.res file using 7zip then copy your original icon bmp files and paste them in, to replace the ones you don't want.

if you have trouble let me know!

for some reason, I cannot open the bmp files in the .zip, i have tried 3 different computers, but i only get the message that the file is an unsupported format. I unzipped using rar.

to clarify, yes, I dont want to change the "destination, contacts, source " icons, I just like the carbon fiber as it matches my dash.

ok ok, I did not realize the image.res file was zipped. ok now I see the bmp files.

so I leave the image.res file zipped and copy it over?

for some reason, I cannot open the bmp files in the .zip, i have tried 3 different computers, but i only get the message that the file is an unsupported format. I unzipped using rar.

to clarify, yes, I dont want to change the "destination, contacts, source " icons, I just like the carbon fiber as it matches my dash.

ok ok, I did not realize the image.res file was zipped. ok now I see the bmp files.

so I leave the image.res file zipped and copy it over?

yes, abd backup your file

I think I found a mistake, bmp file 746_32K_MN-002_32B.bmp is a narrow line on the original, but it appears to be the same as the original 746_32KMN-002_32b.bmp

it looks like the inactive, and push are backwards.

???

aaahhh, so close, I could not get it to boot with the new image.res file. I think it has to do with the winrar program I am using.

I will have to try again later in the week.

Mate you'll need to use 7zip you can find it by googling it! and don't forget to rename the file to image.res after you have zipped it!

I think I found a mistake, bmp file 746_32K_MN-002_32B.bmp is a narrow line on the original, but it appears to be the same as the original 746_32KMN-002_32b.bmp

it looks like the inactive, and push are backwards.

???

I noticed this in my files too after you mentioned it. I've fixed it and included a pioneer title bar and updated the link above.

Thanks so Much. Didn't take long at all. We that beg should not demand. Nothing gets me pissy faster then someone asking for a favor and then picks it apart.

Did you do the graphics yourself? I have used photoshop for years but still suck at icon type graphics. :cry:

Hey sorry i took so long i'm still pretty new to Forums so it took me awhile to figure out how to up load the files.

http://rapidshare.com/files/239472491/G ... e.zip.html

Once you've unzipped the theme file you'll notice there's two files, image.res and a gps theme file. the image.res can simply replace the image.res file found in your APL folder. But with the gps theme file you'll need to copy the images files from within and paste them into APL2/igo/Data/ui_pioneer/800x480.

When i get a chance i will creat a generic Pioneer, bottom title bar and post it.

Enjoy Dave.

well, I have been trying with this 7zip but no matter what I do I cannot get anything to show up on the f700.

with my luck I will spend the next 2 weeks on this, then pionneer will release a firmware update that includes this. oh well.

got it working, but unfortunatly, the xm doesn't look right to me. I get black boxes around the channel numbers inside the carbon fiber bar.

I am going to go back to the original, but I will add the Pioneer bmp to the top menu.