AVIC411.com

N-S-E-W's .zip based on Stanislavovich's file (updated 6-4)

Hope this works. My camera is out of commission currently.

This zip is a re-arrangement of Stanislavovich's file. I've also added a trip computer from an I-Go zip. The resolution does not match ours, but it does what I wanted it to do. It has three trips that can be paused and reset at will, plus it has memory. The memory part is what I had problems creating in the past.

There is also a trip computer that displays at the bottom of the navigate window. That trip does not have memory, but can be used if you're on longer trip and is visible en-route without switching screens. To reset, press the value above ttl trip time. To pause or resume press either avg speed or the value above it. There are sounds added to each the three so you know the press activated.

To activate the real trip computer press the value for max speed on the main window. [You'll get an error at first but once you push ok it'll switch windows. Issue has been resolved in this zip] Once in the trip computer window there's a invisible button next to the pause/resume button. Pushing there you'll be able to tab the three trip computers.

One of the options is altitude. This will display in feet only up to 1000, then it'll convert to fractions of miles. I didn't put any time into trying to get to display elevation like we had before.

You'll also notice I suck big time at graphics and my main trip boxes are not transparent. If someone can make me one that will be great.

I've also replaced the big box on the left with a smaller version that on encompasses the speed and time to arrival. The arrows and next point are no longer surrounded by boxes. If anyone had seen my previous pictures from my trip computer thread you'll notice many similarities.

I've also re-arranged the icon's in the plan mode screen. The zoom button was moved from the left side to right and others moved a bit.

Hope you all enjoy this. I was hesitant to post my other zip because I had a phony trip computer. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20595 This is better but obviously not perfect.

Be sure to back up what you currently have before you install this. I assume no responsibility if your unit is inoperable while attempting to install of after it's been installed. By downloading and installing this you do so at your risk.

For those of you that have buildings enabled, the clip_planes.ini in this zip is based primarily on the cougar theme.

I've also added the sat button as well as the kill route and mute voice to main navigation screen. The icons for the latter two are behind the top bar and is less visible. I did this by design to cover up some of my crappy graphics work.

Linear compass is also in the zip, it'll show in the top right hand corner on the main navigate screen. By pressing the linear compass the unit will calculate your return home route

Pressing the time to destination field will repeat the last command.

There may be more added, but I don't remember what right now.

Have fun guys and gals.

Download deleted 7/22/09

EDIT: Download link updated on 6/3 - Error message when invoking the trip computer is gone. Larger Trip Computer interface with added clock and date + shortcut to Map Color screen added by pressing the clock in the trip computer screen. Pressing the date will bring a shortcut to the Map Settings screen. I had these previously on my other zip and decided to leave them on. Use them if you like otherwise don't touch the date and time fields.

Have at it, have fun and remember drive carefully.

Edit: 6/7 You can add additional trip fields by adding this to your sys.txt:

[tripcomputer]

num_of_trips=4 ; I currently have six trips enabled.

One bonus to using the zip above with the boxes on the main navigate screen is that the current trip data shows on the screen while navigating. For instance if you're listing trip five as your active trip, that trip will show on the screen in the blue boxes. I've since added forward and previous trip shortcuts to two of the blue boxes so I can change the active trip on the navigate screen. There is an issue though with the active trip on screen. It does not have memory and therefore any data on the trip in the blue boxes will reset upon re-boot. To circumvent that I've been forwarding the active trip to one that has zero data before shutting down. On my portable 500 unit it does not retain any start dates or start times on re-boot. It's not an issue to me since we can't save the trip computer data for later viewing like we can for saved routes.

I also tried to incorporate this trip computer into my previous zip and I couldn't get it work. There's something special about Stanislavovich's zip that allowed it to take. Argh.....now I'm sorta ticked off at the time I spent six months ago trying to get it to work with my previous zip.

Edit - 6/9 after reading some of the posts in the last few days I want to re-iterate that you absolutely should have a backup in case this does not work how you want or if you want to go back to what you had, therefore I'm editing the part above regarding that. See how nice and big and bold it is now.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks great, the only thing i would suggest is changing the background of the 6 boxes on the bottom for the trip computer, aside from that looks really good,

Thanks.

You noticed the box too, after all I did mention that I suck at graphics and all in the first post. I tried a few different times and what you see is the result I get. The camera didn't snap a great picture either. It does look better in person. If someone can modify it to be transparent, I'd appreciate it. The best would be to re-size the info_bg bmp. The box size for the on screen trip computer, is 110W x 54H file name tripcompbg.bmp.

looks great, the only thing i would suggest is changing the background of the 6 boxes on the bottom for the trip computer, aside from that looks really good,

Thanks.

You noticed the box too, after all I did mention that I suck at graphics and all in the first post. I tried a few different times and what you see is the result I get. The camera didn't snap a great picture either. It does look better in person. If someone can modify it to be transparent, I'd appreciate it. The best would be to re-size the info_bg bmp. The box size for the on screen trip computer, is 110W x 54H file name tripcompbg.bmp.

ok, i'll make you one, what color do you want it to be?

Thanks.

ok, i'll make you one, what color do you want it to be?

Thanks.

If you match it to the box with the time to destination. I got the box from GTImatt's zip. File name is info_bg. It's a blue color but I don't the code.

I've been working on the trip computer for the last four or five hours. It's improved quite a bit. I also added the current time and date to screen since there was so much room. I might put the cancer research ribbon in there too! There's a spot under the back screen button

I've been working on the trip computer for the last four or five hours. It's improved quite a bit. I also added the current time and date to screen since there was so much room. I might put the cancer research ribbon in there too! There's a spot under the back screen button

looking real good, this is going to be my next mod, still finalizing some stuff regarding road blcoking then i'll start with this,

looking real good, this is going to be my next mod, still finalizing some stuff regarding road blcoking then i'll start with this,

What a fricken pain it's been. I first started to do it in December. Wasted countless hours on it. I don't think I was sleeping for more than a few hours a night when I was working on it then. For some reason it took this time. Maybe I just needed to clear mind for the two months I was away.

What a fricken pain it's been. I first started to do it in December. Wasted countless hours on it. I don't think I was sleeping for more than a few hours a night when I was working on it then. For some reason it took this time. Maybe I just needed to clear mind for the two months I was away.

same here bro, i pretty much spend more than 5 hours a day/ 7 days a week figuring things out,

ok, try this, if you're not satisfied with it let me know

IDT - Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. I installed it a few minutes ago and it's much better than what I was able to do.

I messed up when I gave you the size though. The width I needed was 100 instead of 110. I must stuttered when I typed. If you have some time can you re-do it for me?

I noticed nine other downloads of this, wonder if they noticed the overlapping of the boxes.

ok, try this, if you're not satisfied with it let me know

IDT - Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. I installed it a few minutes ago and it's much better than what I was able to do.

I messed up when I gave you the size though. The width I needed was 100 instead of 110. I must stuttered when I typed. If you have some time can you re-do it for me?

I noticed nine other downloads of this, wonder if they noticed the overlapping of the boxes.

no prob, i'll do it later when i get home, i don't have access to a photoshop here at work (which sucks) so i'll have it done when i get home,