AVIC411.com

N-S-E-W's .zip based on Stanislavovich's file (updated 6-4)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no prob, i also used the info_bg on a button i'm working on, you'll see my updated zip very soon, pretty much done with it and just needs a couple more bmp's and it's all set, the major improvement with it is the road blocking from stanislavovich but i redid the looks of it,

Looking forward to it.

New zip posted on page one with changes

we want screen shots :D

I posted the ones I changed already.

If someone else want's to post some I'll take a look. There a file with a gazillion picture on the NewNavMod thread already. The core of this is all Stanislavovich's to begin with. All I did was share the trip stuff and moved a few things.

The scripts are from an IGO 8 zip. I couldn't write a real script to save my life.

Before I go blowing up the unit, are there any hidden references to the trip comp in any .ui?

Or am I good with just adding tripcomputer_800_480 to the ui folder and a button referencing it in navigatemap?

Edit: And images of course. Ill have to hunt those down

Before I go blowing up the unit, are there any hidden references to the trip comp in any .ui?

Or am I good with just adding tripcomputer_800_480 to the ui folder and a button referencing it in navigatemap?

Edit: And images of course. Ill have to hunt those down

There's also a common ui and some bmp's and you'll need to add these two lines to the 800 template file from your zip:

you'll also need to add these two lines into main.ui file:

import "ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/tripcomputer_800_480.ui"

import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/tripcomputer.ui"

Here's everything except the two drop ins from above in the correct structure the need to go in. you can just drop this in on the same screen where the sys. txt and data.zip is. Boot it up and see if it works. If it's honky dorey go ahead and add them to your zip. It's easier to do this way in case the unit doesn't boot, then you just move that whole ui pioneer out and you'll have your previous working zip already loaded.

Take the ui pioneer folder out of the zip in this download before dropping in your unit. Don't forget to add your shortcut too. You can drop your navigate 800 file in this file in case you need to move anything later. I don't think I can make it any easier than this. Good luck

Thanks. The template file stuff was the only thing I ended up missing after a while looking file by file.

Put it in, and it looks like it will be a great new toy. Ill have to do something about the ghost writing at the top of the screen.

For anyone interested, I have a full three-phase button for it:

post-27354-12872757636357_thumb.jpg

Thanks. The template file stuff was the only thing I ended up missing after a while looking file by file.

Put it in, and it looks like it will be a great new toy. Ill have to do something about the ghost writing at the top of the screen.

For anyone interested, I have a full three-phase button for it:

[attachment=0]trip_comp_button.jpg[/attachment]

Did you zip it or leave it the file folders. The reason I ask is because you need to do one more thing:

you need to add these two lines into main.ui file:

import "ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/tripcomputer_800_480.ui"

import "ui_pioneer/common/ui/tripcomputer.ui"

It really is pretty genius.

As soon as I saw it I was excited. I have several large trips in my future that Id love to have all this information for. Even using it just to time how long it takes to get to any given location for future reference or whatever.

Even if I dont end up keeping your layout, having the coding to make this work will be fantastic.

If youre doing what I did and only having the TC as its own screen but dont want a button on the nav screen all the time, you can either make an invisible button, use a pre-existing onscreen feature as a button, or you can absolutely make a link in another menu if you know where and how.