AVIC411.com

N-S-E-W's .zip based on Stanislavovich's file (updated 6-4)

can anyone help me with how to get a button to use the trip computer

This is what I did. My goal was to make a button to link directly to the TC from the map screen. To do so, I decided to replace the 2D/3D button with the link button. Not having this button meant I needed a new place for it, so I converted the compass (still the original round one) to the 2D/3D control. The script in the navigatemap_800_480 file is as follows:

;compass controlls 2d,3d

;trip computer

The compass ring bmps are just a perimeter circle the size of the compass with a transparent center so I didnt have to deal with layering things correctly. The trip comp bmp was posted earlier in the thread.

All three button images are zipped in here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8V9M6YFH

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey watkch01 - Don't any of your trips retain memory? Read above what I've been doing. It's a bit of a hassle, but does work.

Nope, none of them. Every time I start the car, they would all reset. Ill have to try switching between trips when I shut down.

I dont have the trip comp on the map screen, only as its own window. Whether that has any impact on how it works or not I dont know

Hey watkch01 - Don't any of your trips retain memory? Read above what I've been doing. It's a bit of a hassle, but does work.

Nope, none of them. Every time I start the car, they would all reset. Ill have to try switching between trips when I shut down.

I dont have the trip comp on the map screen, only as its own window. Whether that has any impact on how it works or not I dont know

same here,i wonder why?

When I first put this in, it was remembering. Even after I updated the sys.txt it had remembered what was there. I drove with it to work on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I had it in standby during work so the info was still there when I got back in. I shut it off last night when I saw these posts and turned it back on a couple of hours ago. The info is GONE. I searched through every ui from several IGO zips that had trip computer ui's in them and couldn't find any thing pertaining to memory. I'm not a code writer so for all I know it's there and I don't know.

I'm sorry to have given everyone bad information. I'm at a loss and pretty frustrated right now. I was so used to the blue boxes on my screen, I think I'll keep them anyways.

If anyone who knows code can help us, please let us know. I'm willing to continue fiddling with it since I started this mess.

Did anyone own IGO 6 in the past that had a trip computer? If you did, do you remember if it retained the trip information after a re-boot?

I need another break.

When I first put this in, it was remembering. Even after I updated the sys.txt it had remembered what was there. I drove with it to work on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I had it in standby during work so the info was still there when I got back in. I shut it off last night when I saw these posts and turned it back on a couple of hours ago. The info is GONE. I searched through every ui from several IGO zips that had trip computer ui's in them and couldn't find any thing pertaining to memory. I'm not a code writer so for all I know it's there and I don't know.

I'm sorry to have given everyone bad information. I'm at a loss and pretty frustrated right now. I was so used to the blue boxes on my screen, I think I'll keep them anyways.

If anyone who knows code can help us, please let us know. I'm willing to continue fiddling with it since I started this mess.

Did anyone own IGO 6 in the past that had a trip computer? If you did, do you remember if it retained the trip information after a re-boot?

I need another break.

i'll try and give it a shot after i put out v4, i think that's going to be a ling process cause i'm no coder myself so we'll see,

hey N-S-E-W

just wondering if you were able to use the dialog box that says the trip computer is just as accurate as your gps, i think that's a key for the trip computer to not start as soon as you turn the unit on,

I commented it out because it was throwing an error. Once you clicked okay it would go to the trip comp albeit without the message. Let me get the error back and see if it makes a difference.

hey N-S-E-W

just wondering if you were able to use the dialog box that says the trip computer is just as accurate as your gps, i think that's a key for the trip computer to not start as soon as you turn the unit on,

I commented it out because it was throwing an error. Once you clicked okay it would go to the trip comp albeit without the message. Let me get the error back and see if it makes a difference.

it might be throwing an error message cause of a missing variable, i already tried adding the variable and still the message box don't show up, when i was playing with the igo 8.3 what i noticed was that trip computer won't start til the yes on the message box was clicked

It only came up one time. I rebooted three times since and it didn't come back on. It still doesn't remember, though. I'm going to remove the variable file and put it back in so I can take a snapshot. I think i'm going to change the message. Back in a bit.

It only came up one time. I rebooted three times since and it didn't come back on. It still doesn't remember, though. I'm going to remove the variable file and put it back in so I can take a snapshot. I think i'm going to change the message. Back in a bit.

well i guess it's a one time thing, when i used the igo 8.3 it did only ask me once, wonder if there's a way to have the variable set to 0 every reboot so that it would ask everytime, hhhmmm