AVIC411.com

2009.02.1 iGO Maps Europe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just d/l new UK map, loaded it on SDC and dropped into 500, and it works. No new licence needed. The rest of EU is there to d/l, 62 files, use link below >

http://www.filefactory.com/f/0f1229fb308dd523

Hi, first thank you for Your sharing.

PLease, could You upload files to another file server hosting? I've no premium accont and I'm loosing a lot of time to download files:

There is something on emule or torrent.

Thank You in advance

The work perfect in my F700BT EW so it should work in the F900BT too.

You have to rename the file with only the name of the country and put in the APL2\IGO\CONTENT\MAP folder.

iGO does not actually care about the file name. As long as it is .FBL and in a correct folder, it should be fine...

Replaced the german map on my f900 but there is no more german map now.

What did you do exactly du get the new maps running?

the same for me!

I've downloaded the Italyxxxx map and renamed as Italy.fbl, then I've overwritten the original one with the new one.

Nothing more.

Restart system, but now no Italy map?

I've to rewritten the original one (come with the unit) to the new one and now Italy map is back.

What I'm wronging

I've no idea why your maps don't show. I've installed all of them and they all come up. And as Boris says, there's no need to rename them.

Just copy/paste from SDC to > My Flash Disk > iGO > APL2 > CONTENT > MAP

Have You copyed all maps OTA and OTM too, or only OTA maps?

I've ssen that my original map folder has a file called WestEUMAJOR.FBL that isn't present in the new uploaded maps. Is it important?

Only used the OTA (TeleAtlas) maps, I'm not sure if the OTM (TopMap) maps will work on the Avic. Besides, with two differing maps installed for the same country it would probably throw an error.

I have EastEUMAJOR and WestEUMAJOR, these are maps for Major roads.

Only used the OTA (TeleAtlas) maps, I'm not sure if the OTM (TopMap) maps will work on the Avic. Besides, with two differing maps installed for the same country it would probably throw an error.

I have EastEUMAJOR and WestEUMAJOR, these are maps for Major roads.

ok. I've got too, in my original map folder, but in filefactory sahring folder there is only the EastEUMAJOR but not the WestEUMAJOR.

Anyway i Will try do use all the OTA maps, when I finish to download them.

I will let know you if everything will work fine

Replaced the german map on my f900 but there is no more german map now.

What did you do exactly du get the new maps running?

AFAIK new maps should only work if you have the fixed EZRider executable and license files.

You can have multiple maps for the same country, and iGO is supposed to pick the newest one.

TopMap is, I believe, NavNGo's own mapping company, so their maps should work with iGO, but for Western Europe I think TeleAtlas is a good provider. For, say, Hungary, TopMap would be good...

AFAIK new maps should only work if you have the fixed EZRider executable and license files.

You can have multiple maps for the same country, and iGO is supposed to pick the newest one.

TopMap is, I believe, NavNGo's own mapping company, so their maps should work with iGO, but for Western Europe I think TeleAtlas is a good provider. For, say, Hungary, TopMap would be good...

I think You are right... My unmodded AVIC F900BT is unable to read new maps.. I've tryed several times qith no luck.... perphaps I've to hack/mod my unit..

I think You are right... My unmodded AVIC F900BT is unable to read new maps.. I've tryed several times qith no luck.... perphaps I've to hack/mod my unit..

At least this is the easiest hack there is, you don't even need to edit anything. Just download appropriate version of hacked EZRider from here, download license files, and copy them to the AVIC...

At least this is the easiest hack there is, you don't even need to edit anything. Just download appropriate version of hacked EZRider from here, download license files, and copy them to the AVIC...

Hi BorisM, thank You very much for Your support. Could You be so gentle to tell me where Can I found the files I need e "how to"?