AVIC411.com

700BT Doesn't pass Splash with 16GB SD Card Inserted

Wondering if anyone has seen this...

I recently had an AVIC 700BT installed and i started reading up on this forum (referred by installer) about how big of an SD card i can put. I decided to try a 16GB. formatted it FAT32 at a 32kb unit allocation size and copied about 9 GB of music to it.

If i start the radio WITHOUT the card inserted, it loads fine... i can THEN insert the card and it reads fine (slow but it works)... But if i shut off the radio and then turn it on with the card STILL INSERTED, the boot does not go past the splash screen. (i waited approx 5 minutes and still nothing) if i remove the card while it is stuck, the boot continues. THEN i can reinsert the card and it will be read...

Doesn't happen with a tiny 64meg SD card.

Should i try an 8GB card instead?

Help...

I an using a San Disk extreme III 16Gb in mine with no problems , what i did find is if there is just a load of MP3's on the card on the root or in one directory it takes forever to boot but if I organise everything in albums or ctegories in directories it is fine. I have a bot 13 Gb of music on the card.