AVIC411.com

for six months, my auto day/night has worked fine (at least during the day it did). I have a Hummer H3. It would be daylight when it was daylight out, and most of the time be night, and it takes the same action my auto headlights do.

However, earlier this week it has changed for no reason. It doesn't seem to be doing auto sh** now. I have to manually turn my lights on to switch it to night or off for day.

Any idea what would cause this when my auto headlights still work fine?
[quote name="RockStarATL"]for six months, my auto day/night has worked fine (at least during the day it did). I have a Hummer H3. It would be daylight when it was daylight out, and most of the time be night, and it takes the same action my auto headlights do.

However, earlier this week it has changed for no reason. It doesn't seem to be doing auto sh** now. I have to manually turn my lights on to switch it to night or off for day.

Any idea what would cause this when my auto headlights still work fine?[/quote]

This doesn't sound like the issue, but under settings on the main menu did you change your Daylight/Nighttime display option from Auto to ILL or vice versa?
ILL generally stands for ILLUMINATION which is the name of a wire in your car's electrical system (and the wire that comes out of the Z1) which is 0 volts when the lights are off and 12 volts when the lights are on.

I believe the map settings are either AUTO or DAY. There is no NIGHT all the time mode.

I don't know if I can add anything to your problem. I'm confused about what your issue is, at least I don't understand.

There are 2 things tapped off the lights of the car. 2 different levels of brightness which are set by the V button on the radio (turn the lights on and off and you get both settings). And then the AUTO or DAY mode which is just the way the map looks based off the headlights (or what it sees on the ILL line). But if that is on DAY it will still dim when the lights turn on.