AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD, Bypassed but still PROBLEMS!

I own a 2004 g35 and i installed the p4000 hu about 2 months ago. I never installed for the parking brake wire so i never watched any dvds. my girlfriend always complained about the dvds so i went and bought a toggle switch and connected 1 to the ebrake and 1 to the ground. when i start up the HU and put in the DVD, i see the blue screen and i toggle the switch up and down and and it will allow me to press okay. Now heres the problem, when I toggle the switch and bypass the security feature, i can ONLY hear the sound from the dvd but NO video output. I can see the control buttons but the rest is a black screen.

Any inputs on this? Someone told me that if i get the bypass MODULE , it will be fixed. is this true?"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I own a 2004 g35 and i installed the p4000 hu about 2 months ago. I never installed for the parking brake wire so i never watched any dvds. my girlfriend always complained about the dvds so i went and bought a toggle switch and connected 1 to the ebrake and 1 to the ground. when i start up the HU and put in the DVD, i see the blue screen and i toggle the switch up and down and and it will allow me to press okay. Now heres the problem, when I toggle the switch and bypass the security feature, i can ONLY hear the sound from the dvd but NO video output. I can see the control buttons but the rest is a black screen.

Any inputs on this? Someone told me that if i get the bypass MODULE , it will be fixed. is this true?"

bump...

any solutions?

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem. I just signed up here and would love to know if anyone's found an answer or solution? I didn't even go the bypass route. I figured it would be too much of a hassle, so I wired direct onto my brake wire... and now I have a hassle!

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem. I just signed up here and would love to know if anyone's found an answer or solution? I didn't even go the bypass route. I figured it would be too much of a hassle, so I wired direct onto my brake wire... and now I have a hassle!

but when it is connected to the parking break can you see the video? or do you have the problem where you can only hear the audio?

• 8 months later...