AVIC411.com

Ver 2.7 appeared on Pioneer Eu today

I appreciate the testing as much as anyone here. Now we're all aware that 3.0 will almost assuredly lock out testmode.

2.007 would be expected for bug patches, whereas 2.7 is expected to be most of 3.0, with some changes missing (like new maps).

The title should really be

"BE AWARE THAT ALL FUTURE FIRMWARE UPDATES (no matter how minor) WILL VERY LIKELY LOCK OUT TESTMODE"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

I am new here, great site, found a lot of usefull information. I own an F700BT eu version and I too installed the 2.7 version and before I installed my Cyprus maps an the unit and I am stuck :( I emailed Pionner but I am not hopping for much. I thought though. I am pretty sure the firmware update is using some sort of script transfer the files to the unit. Can we modify that and use it to transfer our own files?

My Guess is that Pioneer is protecting the potential sales revenue they could get from the sale of the new maps when they come out, without this protection people are free to get them from another source FOC.

I

Dear Guys,

I've send an E-mail to Pioneer Benelux and they have informed me, that they expect the Europe Version end June begin July and it would cost about € 149,-.

I know I'm going to buy this upgrade for that price. I've already send in mine F900BT 3 times to pioneer and if there is hope that this unit wil work as it should work after this upgrade, I'm in.

Grtz

hi together,

i´m new in this forum. today i put in my new F900, pretty nice thing. 8)

i got a short question....until i read that the new 2.7 ver. "kills" the testmode.

is it still possible to update to ver. 2.5 without any problems even still with "testmode" ?

my unit still on ver. 1.9 actually.

thx for infos

Some people state that it has to do with the wince update. A solution could be not updating the wince, but i give no garantee for this!

Along the same lines as you suggest I was thinking since the way to make changes to the system is to transfer files to the unit. From my understanding the way the firmware update works is by checking a list of the known files and upload the new ones in the folders. What if we just included in those folders only the files that we want to be transferred and modify the list of files to be transferred?

Thought number 2, as far I can tell windows ce is based mostly on the two files in the LT folder. If somehow we can get those two older files in the unit then maybe testmode will be back.

What do you guys think. All of these are just theoretical from my part. Can anybody with more knowledge on the subject enlighten me?