AVIC411.com

Ver 2.7 appeared on Pioneer Eu today

Worked a treat on a US version with EU software updated to 2.7(no more test mode). Also reports Apl version 2.0. When I upgaded the image via the service menu I chose to update without format. The other option was to update with format. Thought that may be worth mentioning. Test mode is back. Was a little worried for a while as I was not able to run local maps.

Thanks konick. :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The file posted by konick takes it back to 2.0.

Yes, but only for the wince part, the rest remains 2.007, so the ezrider.exe won't run new maps i think, unless you replace it with the hacked one of ver2.005, and then tmc isn't working corectly again!

I followed konick's instructions successfully and I am able to get back into test mode :), very happy about that. Next I tried to install my Cyprus maps by inserting Cyprus.fbl in map folder and Cyprus.pos, in POS folder, replaced the EZrider.exe and placed the license file in the appropriate folder but the map does not seem to show up on the list. Firmware still shows 2.007, eventhough I can still get in testmode. Any ideas why? Is it possible that 2.007 has something that does not allow the addition of new maps. Do I have to downgrade to something lower than that?

Thanks!!!

What I did to get back to Ver 2.0 was to use konick's method and CE image files, delete flash and copy previously saved flash back. Was then able to update to 2.005 using the standard update file. Tried this just to see if I could. The only prob. I am having a couple of minor problems. With euro software on a US unit you loose bluetooth. Put US firmware back on so no real prob. and secondly I have lost all audio relating to NAV, key beeps etc. This happens with standard firmware and flash drive and anything other than standard as well. Any source audio works fine. Any suggestions to fix :? ??

What I did to get back to Ver 2.0 was to use konick's method and CE image files, delete flash and copy previously saved flash back. Was then able to update to 2.005 using the standard update file. Tried this just to see if I could. The only prob. I am having a couple of minor problems. With euro software on a US unit you loose bluetooth. Put US firmware back on so no real prob. and secondly I have lost all audio relating to NAV, key beeps etc. This happens with standard firmware and flash drive and anything other than standard as well. Any source audio works fine. Any suggestions to fix :? ??

This maybe a dunb suggestion, but did you try to reset the nav to factory settings, sometimes these are messed up, certenly using us/europe versions mixed up.

Another question about the upgrade:

I allready upgrades to 2.007 yesterday and now I found this thread with the bad news. :(

What I want to do is to install some software hacks described in the Wiki, but to do this I think I would need the test mode or another possibility to force the F900 to install the modified files.

If I understand all the information correctly, I've to apply konick's hack to get the old version of WinCE back on the F900. Then there might be 2 possibilities:

1.) Getting into test mode and copy only the files needed for the software hack

2.) Copy the LPUE080 folder with the modified files to the flash card and let the unit do the upgrade again to get the original 2.007 working with some mods

I'm not sure if the second version will work but if it does, I'll use this one because I've never used the testmode.

So, I've just tried option 1, but when I want to enter the testmode there is only an error message and no test mode.

So I inserted a flash card with 2.007 and got back the actual CE version.

Now I did something stupid I think: fallback again with the older CE image files, but this time with "format".

After finishing this, the F900 only shows the startup picture and then a black screen. :cry:

After inserting the card with the 2.007 version (modified files) there is a message that the data.zip file is wrong. :x

The version infos at the top show no actual firmware, so the F900 might be empty. At the moment I copy the files from 2.005 (modified) to the flash card and hope to get my F900 back into life.

Edit: Damn, the 2.005 modified files also cause an error message with data.zip. The original 2.005 installs, but without DATA and MAP, it seems they are missing. :?

The testmode also doesn't work. I get the following error message:

MapDBInfo: 0x1000 <=> Device 0x0010

AU: 0x0001

EW: 0x010

RF: 0x0100

UX: 0x1000

Does anybody know how to reinstall "MAP" und "DATA" data without test mode?

I will now try it with Firmware 1.9, there were changes at the MAP data, so this version might install the maps again.

Edit2:

Ok, I got the testmode running, that thread helps me. But now there are some problems I can't manage by my own, so I opened a new thread for my special problem, that can be found here.

Gettig the message below

MapDBInfo: 0x1000 <=> Device 0x0010

AU: 0x0001

EW: 0x010

RF: 0x0100

UX: 0x1000

is due to a problem with the right file in you IGO\content folder where the MapDBinfo.txt is located. Make sure you have the European version. It should say something like

Area: EW

IntegrationVersion: 01.000600

Had the same problem and that's how I fixed it.

Hope this helps!!!