AVIC411.com

2005 Toyota 4Runner AVIC-F90BT - Install Suggestions?

I will be attempting to install my AVIC-F90BT into my 2005 4Runner this weekend. I have the following components that I'll be wiring in and I am looking for suggestions as to where place these....

* HD Radio (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130GEXP20H ... =134&avf=N)

* Sirius Satellite (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700SIRPION ... ckage.html)

* iPod Adapter (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130CDIU230 ... U230V.html)

Is it possible to install these behind the head unit or should I consider the center console? I'd consider the under seat location, but I'd rather not.

Any opinions, pictures or experiences much appreciated as I really want to take the trial and error out of this....

.... install scheduled for next weekend!

I have an 08 4runner and put the xm tuner under the passengers seat. Don't have HDradio but looks like you could but both under the seat or on under each of the front seats. The ipod cable I ran to the glove box. There is not enough room behind the head unit for the radio tuners. If you put under the seat just don't block the heater vents, set them on top. I just secured the xm tuner with velcro to the floor

Great suggestion - do you have any pics of your install?

I have an 08 4runner and put the xm tuner under the passengers seat. Don't have HDradio but looks like you could but both under the seat or on under each of the front seats. The ipod cable I ran to the glove box. There is not enough room behind the head unit for the radio tuners. If you put under the seat just don't block the heater vents, set them on top. I just secured the xm tuner with velcro to the floor

Is your factory system baseline or the upgraded 7 speaker rear sub option? IF you have the upgraded system with a rear sub, you have to get a factory amplifier bypass kit as the factory amp for all audio is located with the rear sub woofer. Its a pain in the rear to bypass the factory amp. I did the install on my wives 05 4Runner sport V8 and added a rear video monitor. I agree with rockon, there is not enough room behind the head unit. I mounted a rear DVD player under the driver seat so the kids can have their own movies/sound. I have pics of the entire interior of the car apart if you are still working on your install. Let me know if you need any help as this truck was the pain in the rear to install an aftermarket system.