AVIC411.com

Has anyone ever had a the sound of an alarm or siren sound off in their vehicle? i have a 2006 Toyota Tundra with the Z1 installed. i have no after market alarm system installed and talked to Toyota yesterday asking about any kind of factory system i don't know about, and no i don't have one. When i am in one particular neighborhood, never anywhere else so far, i have about a 5sec siren sound which i thought was coming from the backseat but the more i listen to it i think it may possibly be some kind of feedback through the Z1 coming from someone else's alarm or garage door, or something else. Just a mystery i'm trying to solve, happens everytime in the same spot.
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]Do you have an address in that area stored in your address book? Because you can assign sounds to the different locations you store. If you do, just go in and edit the location and change the sound[/quote]

"In that area" being the operative scenario.... While driving and I go within 1/4 mile of the mother-in-law's place, all hell breaks loose for me
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]Is that because of the nav system, or because you're goin to the in-laws? :D Sorry, couldn't resist[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY cause I'm going past the mother-in-law's place...

The primary thing though is that I'm on I75 when it goes off so it's definitely within a defined proximity that the system goes nuts and tells me NOT to turn off I75