AVIC411.com

OMG I want to kill my HU

I really hate this HU... I have the Z2, bought it in 2007 cant get the 2 wire method to work. I have both those wires grounded, and I am like 99% sure they are done right, first thing that pops up is that parking wire warning. I had the VSS wire hooked up and thought that might interfere and it really doesn't make a difference. I tried updating they system using that bluetooth image and its not as current as what is already installed (I probably did it last summer).

Right now I am trying to change the background and have made so many disks that the sytem cant read. Seriously, finalize the disk (I understand that), Create pictures folder (Maybe, Lazy programmers), CD's have to be at least 100mb (WTF! [4 wasted cds before i found that out]), Still doesnt work, Hope its because origonaly I had spaces in the file names. Seriously, this is the least user friendly HU ever...

Sorry for the venting... If anyone has tips on the first issue that would be cool... I was gonna get the z3 disk from the user selling them but I got really broke....

Based on the fact that you get the parking brake error msg, that tells me that the parking brake wire is properly grounded. Try pressing the reset button and see if the parking brake warning comes back. If not, then you are good to go. If it does come back then he problem with your bypass is the other (2nd) wire that needs be be grounded. Let us know how it goes after pressing the reset button.

Reset does nothing :/... I have rechecked that wire and it's grounded and in the connector...

I want to conferm that I am allowed to have the vss wire hooked up without interfering with this bypass.

Some more info if it's any help:

in the testmenu under Bluetooth firmware update menu option there seems to be no information and an error "error!! Update was stopped" don't kno what that's about. When I put my Bluetooth update disk in it says that my unit is up to date. I tried to force the update on the program forced write menu but with the update disk in it says "there is no program file"

one last thing, on the Bluetooth unite firmware update thing it also says (right before the error) dvdcdYavicz1_hd1YbluetoothY does the z1 mean I have the wrong update or that it's not needed? ( I have a z2)

thanks for the help

Yes, the VSS wire can and should be connected. The bypass will still work.

See this thread, as you may need this update:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8783

That thread helped out... So here is the deal... I knew there was an update I needed to run to get the bypass to work, because I had originally read that thread telling me that. I put it off, and later found the bluetooth fix to enable the bypass, and assumed that was the same as the update listed on the thread. So, I kept trying to install the bluetooth update which, i don't think works on a z2.

Long story short, the file in the link you gave me is the one I needed and it works perfectly now.

I am having a problem where it will skip songs or end a song too early... And from what I have read, the fix for that is to upgrade... Thank you for your help, both of you. When I am not poor anymore I will buy that HDD from you garrettoomey.