AVIC411.com

So I just had my F700BT installed yesterday, it went pretty well except when I got home I noticed the installer had the GPS antenna coming up through my windshield rubber seal, which could mean over time crap would get in there and rust everything out.

GPS was working fine yesterday.

I took it back, paid them half an hour to change the antenna to inside the cabin, right in the corner of my window by the drivers side so it wasn't sitting on the roof of my car.

Now I get home and my GPS isn't working. The satellite icon has a cross through it on the Satellite Info screen, 3 bars are flashing and I'm getting between 4-6 satellites popping up and disappearing, all remaining red.

What's the issue here? Am I supposed to sit outside for 30 mins in my car until it figures it out or am I going to have go back and rip into this installer who told me there was no way to mount this thing on my windshield?

So I just had my F700BT installed yesterday, it went pretty well except when I got home I noticed the installer had the GPS antenna coming up through my windshield rubber seal, which could mean over time crap would get in there and rust everything out.

GPS was working fine yesterday.

I took it back, paid them half an hour to change the antenna to inside the cabin, right in the corner of my window by the drivers side so it wasn't sitting on the roof of my car.

Now I get home and my GPS isn't working. The satellite icon has a cross through it on the Satellite Info screen, 3 bars are flashing and I'm getting between 4-6 satellites popping up and disappearing, all remaining red.

What's the issue here? Am I supposed to sit outside for 30 mins in my car until it figures it out or am I going to have go back and rip into this installer who told me there was no way to mount this thing on my windshield?

try staying outside for atleast 15mins and see if it gets a signal, if not, you'll have to relocate your antenna again, also, check your gps cable for any damage

I've done about 5-10 mins a couple of times - I'll try longer tonight I'm just extremely busy with work right now.

I'll try pulling the cable off of the double-sided tape and moving it around to see if I get anything, should results show up almost instantly or would I have to wait a few minutes after relocating it?

I've done about 5-10 mins a couple of times - I'll try longer tonight I'm just extremely busy with work right now.

I'll try pulling the cable off of the double-sided tape and moving it around to see if I get anything, should results show up almost instantly or would I have to wait a few minutes after relocating it?

it should take a minute or two, one thing you could also try is to drive around while the unit is on and see if it picks up signal

The magnetic plate is gone from the bottom if there ever was one.

Well I'm 99% sure they messed something up. I just gently pulled the antenna out of the dash and put it out my window and still received no signal after about 30 mins OUTSIDE the car. Plus these clowns ripped my microphone out too so now that's disappeared somewhere underneath my console too.

I can't wait to see these guys tomorrow and try and convince the know-it-all installer that he's wrong and did something to screw my antenna up.