AVIC411.com

Testmode post 2.007/3.0

Hi guys,

just to say it at the beginning: I'm just a user and have no programming skills. But I like a lot what you are doing here, have dpdursts DATA.ZIP installed and don't want to miss the nav mute and other features anymore.

As you are all aware the 2.007 update in Europe and most likely the Map update in the US are blocking testmode. Has anybody of the geeks here looked into 2.007 already? I'm worried if I install it, that will close the door to Mods forever, on the other hand I need it in order to receive reliable TMC information and when the Map update is available in Europe I would like the enhanced performance of IGO 8.3 as well.

Any recommendations or Ideas where we are going from here or will this forum just focus on pre 2.007/3.0 units?

Thanks Guys

Jörg

There is an alternative method to get into Windows Explorer. When you replace MainMenu.exe in the APL directory with Systeminformation.exe (http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/) and make a simple menu where you can choose between the Pioneer software (link to the original MainMenu.exe renamed as _MainMenu.exe) and Windows, you can get into Windows without a Testmode SD. The downside is that you have to make a choice every time you start-up your system. The original MainMenu.exe is part of the upgrade so you have to make sure to replace MainMenu.exe with the alternative MainMenu.exe in the upgrade file before upgrading or you won't be able to get into Windows anymore. After the upgrade you can replace _MainMenu.exe with the new _MainMenu.exe from the upgrade file.

I've included a simple menu I made for my F500BT you can use as a start. Just rename the original MainMenu.exe tot _MainMenu.exe and copy the files from the attachment to the APL folder. Good luck!

PS. I have not upgraded to version 2.007 yet so no guarantees it will work. Use at your own risk!

Menu on device.rar

post-25775-12872757791602_thumb.jpg

The original MainMenu.exe is part of the upgrade so you have to make sure to replace MainMenu.exe with the alternative MainMenu.exe in the upgrade file before upgrading or you won't be able to get into Windows anymore. After the upgrade you can replace _MainMenu.exe with the new _MainMenu.exe from the upgrade file.

Won't work. Integrity check in the updater will not load any replaced files.

That's too bad. I hadn't thought about that.

There are several hackers out there who are eagerly anticipating the 3.0 files to see how that one will bypass the lock-out in 2.007, so I am sure somebody will come up with a way to enter WinCE even with 3.0

There are several hackers out there who are eagerly anticipating the 3.0 files to see how that one will bypass the lock-out in 2.007, so I am sure somebody will come up with a way to enter WinCE even with 3.0

I hope so. I'm not getting 3.0 if there is no WinCE access.

I hope so. I'm not getting 3.0 if there is no WinCE access.

There has to be some way to run something other than MainMenu on startup -- otherwise there'd be no way to upgrade past 2.007/ The only question is how deep did they hide it...

Hi,

You can downgrade windows to previous version and enjoy leetlauncher with apl ver 2.007 by accessing service menu.

Look at the post here "https://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18442" and read it all. All you need is a SD card with old version of WINCEIMG.BIN & WINCEIMG.CKS. Do not thank me, thank the guys that worked it out. Good luck

Thanks that sounds promising, I am not interested in Leetlauncher yet as it is still work in progress, i know the Pioneer software is also work in progress but it is marginally more finished than Leetlauncer.

What i am more interested to find out is if you can use testmode to copy and paste to and from the flash now, have you tried to do that yet ?

Thanks for the information, I will try this when I get home tonight, I want to get my schemes back in which were overwritten when I did the update, i am generaly happy with the unit but I like to have GTI Matts data.zip and my own map schemes, i find the default Pioneer map colours dont have enough contrast to see minor roads, they are light grey on a grey background mine have a thin black outline which makes averythin more visible I also changed the motorway to blue and the A roads to red, it looks more like a UK map that way.

Thanks again for yor help.