AVIC411.com

Testmode post 2.007/3.0

What i am more interested to find out is if you can use testmode to copy and paste to and from the flash now, have you tried to do that yet ?

YES I did full update & later downgrade wince img, now 100% access to MY flash :D

How is the downgrade done? Can't really find it out on that post.

• 2 weeks later...

First I will say is I know Testmode R2.3 is reported working. That is a good news. But at the same time, I am thinking out loud...

When I was looking into the update from Pioneer, I was wondering if we can just modify the data.zip in the update before actually updating the system. Looks like the update should just simply coping all the files on the SD to the HU.

If that is the case, and if Testmode will not work in the future updates, could we use the same method by modifying the data.zip in the update before updating the system. Better yet, if the HU let us re-done the same version of the update oven and oven again, then we can keep modifying the data.zip and installs it to the system using the same method.

First I will say is I know Testmode R2.3 is reported working. That is a good news. But at the same time, I am thinking out loud...

When I was looking into the update from Pioneer, I was wondering if we can just modify the data.zip in the update before actually updating the system. Looks like the update should just simply coping all the files on the SD to the HU.

If that is the case, and if Testmode will not work in the future updates, could we use the same method by modifying the data.zip in the update before updating the system. Better yet, if the HU let us re-done the same version of the update oven and oven again, then we can keep modifying the data.zip and installs it to the system using the same method.

This has been proposed many times and no, it will never worked, unless you also modify the checksum that updater uses to make sure that files being copied are correct.

This has been proposed many times and no, it will never worked, unless you also modify the checksum that updater uses to make sure that files being copied are correct.

Too bad. And I was thinking I were so smart for about a second... :cry:

Too bad. And I was thinking I were so smart for about a second... :cry:

:) Pioneer would not want to support everyone who has a corrupt download, flashes it into AVIC and ends up bricking it. That's why they (and everyone else who uses updaters like that) include integrity checks to make sure that what is being installed is exactly what was offered for download.