AVIC411.com

Which iPhone Cord? Apple or Pioneer?

So I am pretty much a Newbie here and am wondering which cord to go with?

Getting ready to drop some $ on a F series unit and have heard talk about what certain cords can and cannot do...

I can buy either, but I am wanting to have my iPhone charge and be able to watch video on my screen.

And, oh, by the way, I've also read that when watching video on my F series, it's NOT full screen???

Thanks for all your help!

I've got a F500BT and the cables for it are different than anything I saw on the Apple website.

The Pioneer cable came for free with the package deal, along with the amp I was hoping to stuff in my wife's 6 (mine will have audio mini jack), but sounds like that wont happen with her factory Bose system. It seems to do alright but still waiting on delivery of my car to test the quality through a real stereo (only tried on built in speaker so far :? ).

Do yourself a favor and buy the Apple cable, yes it cost $50.00 but it was a big improvement from the Pioneer one that came with my F90BT. With the Pioneer cable my 3G iPhone would drop connection and the music had static in the background. Switching to the Apple cable was like going from a tape deck to CD, the audio sounded much cleaner, my video no longer had static and my iPhone connects every time.

I just recently installed the F700BT in my Envoy. Picked up the Apple Composite Cable for $20 on clearance at Best Buy. -- Had to look online, was only available at some stores. Works like a charm. No problems with it whatsoever, and it includes a free USB to AC charger for your ipod. The component (red/blue/green) cable listed above won't work for the 700. Don't know if the other models have component inputs, but the 700 has composite (red/white/yellow) inputs

• 1 month later...

Just curious. My ipod classic (120GB I think) will lose connection at random. Sometimes it will work all day but other days it needs to be disconnected and reconnect every time I turn the car on.

Will the apple cable solve this issue?

2002 wrx

F90BT

Running 3.01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...