AVIC411.com

LOST VR OPTION IN AV SETTIGS

I know there are a lot of topics in this forum about losing VR function and i have searched but didn't see any info about the problem i just encountered. Not only did i lose VR functionality, i lost the setting icon in AV settings. I only just noticed it as i finally added some new music to my ipod finally after a few months and when i went to update the VR catalog, i noticed the icon was gone, i was not able to update or use VR. I do not use it much but i am pretty sure i used it after modding my unit. The mods i have done are as follows:

Software bypass

removed zoom scale

Full screen cockpit mod (stays on by default)

resized my 3D arrow

My unit works very well compared to most units in this forum.It has been very reliable and i have never had any problems. i never had any issues with it until the other day i was looking over the settings again and inadvertently turned on the B/U camera (which i do not have) after which i had a blank screen during boot up, i thought something was wrong or going bad, i took a few but i was able to get into the main menu and before i realized what i did, i did a reset after which i still had smae blank screen problem but then i realized what i did and turned off backup camera setting, restored my settings. later that day i added some more music to my ipod and that is when i noticed. Anyone have any ideas?

on another note, tomorrow i am going to do the hardware bypass in preparation for the upcoming 3.0 update (since it will wipe my settings and assuming test mode is gone) in which after i load i am hoping to get VR functionality back.

• 1 month later...

If you could find what caused you to loose the VR option, it would help all of the Aussie and Euro users out there that dont have VR. We may be able to simply turn it on, so finding how you turned it off is a good clue to the direction to take.

It might be a useful thing to give your old backup to someone working on this.

No i never did, but when i did the last update, it came back. However i lost my TTS. I'm hoping after i upgrade to 3.0, it will all be good!

What "last update". If you aren't talking about 3.0, then what update are you talking about? I just did 2.006 and I lost the VR setting. What update are you on??