AVIC411.com

F90BT / Cartoys (weird people)

Hey guys,

I just got back from a shop with an estimate and I'm planning on buying the f90BT tonight.

Any advice from where to buy it?

I was thinking Cartoys since they're cheapest.

They have it for 594 but people have told me they got it for 549?

Any clue why?

Also, for me to get the 2 year warrany from pioneer, i know it has to be a certified seller.

Is cartoys under pioneer's "accepted" list?

Theres also techronics.com who claim they have a 2 year warranty independently also but they're 630.

Some tips on where to buy and why would be helpful over the next couple of hours.

Thanks.

You're right about the add on but i can assume the X series is probably gonna be 600+130 (and probably even more) so might as well. I've been researching and waiting for quite a while. Cartoys IS a authorized dealer you're right i missed it last time. But quite a few negative reviews. at the same time quite a few people from avic411 have bought it from there. Hmmm not getting too many responses, might just buy it. lookin to install next week. =D

wat the heck!!?? Today it's 1,200$. And if i click on add to cart before i go to the info page its 999$.

What the hell is going on CarToys is so messed up. Their prices change everyday even on amazon.com.

Is it really safe to order from these people? Any clue on the pricing? Yesterday it was only 594.

HAHA okay wow! So i call the store and ask them any clue why this is happening and the guy goes...

Worker: "YESS I DOOOO KNOW WHY ITS HAPPENNINGG!"

Me: "uhh..why?"

Worker: "you have to buy it the first time you see it"

Me "Oh...its an IP thing?"

Worker: "YEP!"

me: "oh okay i'll just change my IP then, thank you"

Worker: "....."

LOL what is wrong with these people?

Just called another branch. He says we go for 999$. our refurbished units go for 600.

Their website didnt say refurbished yesterday when i saw it for 600.

Then again it didn't say new...oh god.

Any clue what other website is trustable guys?

Techtronics seems my only next choice pricewise.

ehh just bought one from Amazon through a company called Big Value Inc.

Hadn't heard of them but their feedback was 99%.

Paid 680$ with 1-3day shipping.

I could have bought from pacific stereo f0r 620. They claim they're authorized by pioneer and that the first year I'd deal with pacific for warranty, and 2nd year I could deal with pioneer. Didn't see them on pioneer's authorized list though so didn't want to risk it.

I know amazon is authorized pioneer seller but does that also include the companies that sell through amazon?

I'm scared i screwed myself by buying from Big Value if pioneer won't accept it.

I bought mine from them thru amazon. got it for 594 out the door. the unit looks brand new to me. firewall 2.0 included. However, i ran into a problem already. while i was driving, the head unit rebooted twice on me. It happened then 10 minz, it rebooted again. However, after that, everything seem to be okay(knockin on wood). I drove 20mins without facing a reboot. =T good luck. Best deal Ive seen online.cheers!

Bought mine for $594 with free shipping from CarToys via Amazon Storefront. Brand New. Factory Sealed. Unit works GREAT! Shipped with 2.0 Firmware (obviously). If you'd bought it when you were originally comparison shopping for it, you could have saved $100 :?

The hardware Parking Brake Bypass worked, too. :) The bypass is a little tricky, as far as getting the mute wire into it's new location... it's hard to jam a tiny flimsy wire into a piece of plastic, but needle nose pliers did the trick.

Great purchase and extremely fast route recalculation (approximately 1 second, IF that). Bluetooth works excellently too. Overall an excellent product and well worth the money.

I bought mine from them thru amazon. got it for 594 out the door. the unit looks brand new to me. firewall 2.0 included. However, i ran into a problem already. while i was driving, the head unit rebooted twice on me. It happened then 10 minz, it rebooted again. However, after that, everything seem to be okay(knockin on wood). I drove 20mins without facing a reboot. =T good luck. Best deal Ive seen online.cheers!

It has been discussed on this forum that a likely cause of that is the vehicle itself, and the signals it's sending the headunit. Thus far, after having driven the car 200 miles with the unit installed, I've had no issues. Also, any issues that are happening with the device... why would they be CarToys fault? They're not an evil business... they're a retail store located in the midwest, just like BestBuy. Anything that's going wrong with your unit is likely the fault of Pioneer. It's not like CarToys opens their products just to secretly sabotage them. That's dumb.

Having a problem deffinitly doesnt mean cartoys is at fault but at the same time theres some factors that make me suspicious of the company and therefore make it a bit more logical to blame them.

1 - I clearly saw the price at 600. The next day at 1000. They're explanation: 600$ ones are refurbished.

The 600$ priced unit i saw didn't say it was either new nor refurbished which is suspicious.

Also, if their explanation is true, its suspicious that they'd put their refurbished units to come up first.

On top of this , why would they tell us that the 600$ unit was refurbished.

The fact that they admit it would only make us more suspicious of the way they market.

2 - Another explanation was that you have to buy it the first time.

Again, a suspicious way to market if you want to make profit.

I haven't tried it, but if I change my IP and get the 600$ unit again, then that would just mean they aren't too trustworthy with the way they market.

Possible refurbished units sold as new + shady marketing techniques = possible reason why a unit from them would be disfunctional.

Still, the poster above is only one case so I can't blame cartoys from one customer.

There's other customers that have had a unit from cartoys working fine, true.

At the same time, a refurbished unit that works fine would still be unsatisfactory to me if it wasn't sold to me honestly.

After all, there are tons of other companies selling new ones in the range of 600 why be tricked with a refurb.

Again, Im not against or with cartoys, but i must say they weren't too impressive over the phone.

I wouldn't expect this walking into a bestbuy.

Hey bloodninja,

Where did you have the mic installed?

I want to make sure i don't have problems with people hearing me, but at the same time I don't want it at the top left near the windshield, like many people have it, because usually my face is facing towards the stereo, not to my left O.o If i could have the shop drill a hole somewhere in the dash for the microphone to be near the unit that would be nice, but im scared of causing more complications like that.