AVIC411.com

INSTALL QUESTION- Help!!

I got a Avic-F90bt and I want to install it in my 2005 jetta GLI. Cartoys was quoting me 150 for the dash kit and harness and then another 350 for the install of the unit. They said it was more complicated with my VW monsoon sound system.

Is this price CRAZY???? Should i be expecting to pay 500.00 to install? I was thinking it would be like half that.

any advise would be great! Thanks!

I got a Avic-F90bt and I want to install it in my 2005 jetta GLI. Cartoys was quoting me 150 for the dash kit and harness and then another 350 for the install of the unit. They said it was more complicated with my VW monsoon sound system.

Is this price CRAZY???? Should i be expecting to pay 500.00 to install? I was thinking it would be like half that.

any advise would be great! Thanks!

i think that's a ripoff

you dont do any thing different with monsoon amps, you just hook them up the same way you would a non-monsoon system, the systems use high level inputs (hooked right up to speaker wire) and the amp turns itself on when it sences signals thru the sp wires

i just installed into an 07 last week,

$100 labor

$22 dash kit

$22 wire harness (didn't use the intergration module, i just ran a new ACC wire, no RAP however )

$16 antenna adapter