It was like spending time with a used car salesman. No answer, lots of baloney. I see in this forum that "CNDV-80MT Download and how to Burn" has some good idea's about the changing of language. And some ideas on using TDK, Verbatim, Memorex etc. I am still working on the problem. Many have asked where to, or how to access the built in test section of the memory. I have the service manual and a pioneer test disc. My D3 will not recognize the test disc or any other disc for that matter (CD,DVD,DVD2). Always giving me the "Insert appropriate...."
This being said, I did get into the on board test section (Section 6.9 pg 224 Navigation Test Mode) I only included 3 pages for the sake of space on the forum. Frankly once you can get in, you can snoop all you want. WARNING...
I am not telling you how to, where to go, what to change, or giving you any advice at all. You do whatever you do at your OWN RISK.
I wanted to make that CRYSTAL clear to everyone. Hell, I haven't figured out how to get mine working again.
However, I did try the changing language in the test menu. I believe it is under "Program Forced Write". Changed it to Spanish because my OEM says English/Spanish (Red Disc 70mt) Then I hit the reset pin on the outside of the unit and the system rebooted and again ask me for the appropiate disc. I put the OEM disc back into the unit and it not only reads the disc.....but comes up with the install bars indicated that "1" is installing.....then "2". When it reaches the end of installing "2" (This was only one disc, I don't know why it says one and two) it comes up and says "Please eject the disc and insert the appropiate disc AGAIN." I eject the disc and stick it back in and all I get is the Insert the appropriate dic warning again.The same message that I can't seem to get rid of.
So I still have a Avic-D3 that I can't use the Navi system or a music cd, or a movie or my ipod. The only thing I can get at this point is the radio. I now know that it does read discs. I also know that the D3 see's the software versions,etc. However, when I go into the GPS assessment it gives me an error 53. I haven't been able to find out what that is yet. So, untill I can get a Pioneer test disc to work (which has a ton of tests) I can only do what you have tried. The 80mt disc, new or burned seems to have been a problem. I am going to continue working on getting my unit back to how it was. Then I will start looking into the 80mt problem. I hope this helps someone. AND AGAIN......use this info at YOUR OWN RISK. I take no responsibilty if you screw something up because of this post