AVIC411.com

F500BT Hardware Bypass?

Is the hardware bypass for the F500BT simply grounding the e-brake cable?

The cabeling for the F500BT is not the same as the F series head units, so you can't do the wire swap found in the other main F series bypass thread.

I don't want to rely on the software bypass as I plan to upgrade to 3.0 when it is available soon, and I think 3.0 would provide most of the features I want without having to hack the unit. I would just like to be able to fully use GPS while moving, and have video available for my passenger.

Thank you!

I am also very curious about this, I have yet to install my F500BT. From what I gather there isnt a hardware bypass, the only way would be to ground the e-brake and do the modification of the config file. Seems there are a lot less posts about the bypass for the F500 so this is all speculation but it would appear that 3.0 would initially break the bypass, its possible that someone will figure out something else after it comes out.

Thank you very much for verifying.

Will it work without the software hack as well? Or is the software side of things required on the F500BT?

If you don't use the mount cable & just plug power directly into the unit & use an audio out cable is a bypass necessary at all?

Thank you very much for verifying.

Will it work without the software hack as well? Or is the software side of things required on the F500BT?

If you don't use the mount cable & just plug power directly into the unit & use an audio out cable is a bypass necessary at all?

I can say for sure that with no modification the F500BT will not play video while moving when using the direct power cable.

I wouldn't think the software hack should be necessary with just the power plugged directly into the unit, but maybe it is.

If you do use the mount with the intigrated cable and ground the e-brake cable would you still need the software hack?

Yes no video while in motion utilizing the direct power cord.

Ok I installed with hardwire to the mount today. I grounded the ebrake lead to the switched acc ground with the power ground to the cig. 12v outlet I added behind the dash. During the test drive the F500 says, "The system has detected an improperly connected ebrake, yadda yadda." WONT play video while moving, says "Its dangerous for front seat drivers to watch video while the car is in motion" or something along those lines. Plays video fine while stationary.

I should add that this is a new unit bought from 6th ave.com and updated to V2.0 firmware. I have done NO software mods.

Interested in info from others with the F500 on the hardwire bypass.

Yep the just ground the ebrake sounded to good to be true.

Thats correct its a different wiring harness with different cables than the other F series.

Ditto, planning on getting the 3.0 update. The gps works fine, just no video while the vehicle is moving. Its not a deal killer for me but I would like to have the freedom to choose whats playing and not be limited.

Just fyi the aux audio output is too low, I am planning on adding a preamp to the signal output in near future to bump it up a little.

Do you have the volume turned up all the way, it's a pain but I've heard you have to do it every time you get in.

I know it's low, but hoping cranking the volume will do the trick, my car is still on order so wont know for a while still :( If that's not enough, let me know what you find for a headphone jack amp, didnt even think to look if they exist! Cant use the Pioneer amp like I hoped as the stereo will be factory amplified, and it has like 9 speakers anyway... So much for that idea, wish I could intigrate it a little more into the factory setup, but guess that just wont be happening.

Do they make them with headphone plugs instead of RCA's by any chance?

Too much inbetween to go from unit -> converter -> amp -> converter -> cable -> car input (mine is not on head unit :? )-> factory stereo

So much for this being an easy solution to adding nav to a new car that does not offer it with a VERY integrated head unit (controlls features of car, stereo controlls in with air controlls).

Might have to look more into what can be done to use the amp on a factory amplified stereo but that doesnt sound like fun either as the factory amp is in the trunk.

Best to just wait till I get the car at this point I suppose, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and volume wont be so low for me.

There might be something for headphone jacks, I didnt see one in my quick search. I am installed all behind the dash so the extra box is a pain but in the end it will be hidden.

Good luck on your install, I glad I only paid $188 for the system, it has a few bugs and quirks.