AVIC411.com

2d Heading up setting

I have been playing around with the GTI Matt data.zip file. I can get it to switch to 2D and keep the upward heading orientation but haven't go it to work with overview mode yet.

All of the changes are in navigatemap.ui. Below are the changes I made, mainly changing the map.mapmode from 1 to 0. the .map.follow_rotation 1 may not need to be there but I have it there and haven't tested it without it. The map.SETCARPOSITION command sets the x and y coordinate of the cars position on the screen.. it is done in percents... 50 is the middle of the screen... 75 is 75% down the screen...

I will keep working on it and try to figure out how get the overview mode to work. If you try it and find any bug, please post them here. I haven't done a lot of testing yet.

good find,

one thing, i always have the overview mode off, what does that actually do?

if you have it set for 1 mile and the other slider for 2 miles (as an example).

when routing and the next turn is more than 1 mile away it will switch to 2d mode and zoom to a 2 mile level. then switch back to 3D when you get within 1 mile of the next turn.

good find,

one thing, i always have the overview mode off, what does that actually do?

if you have it set for 1 mile and the other slider for 2 miles (as an example).

when routing and the next turn is more than 1 mile away it will switch to 2d mode and zoom to a 2 mile level. then switch back to 3D when you get within 1 mile of the next turn.

i see

just tried it with a route and over view mode on and what happens is if it is the modified 2d it just swithches ti the old 2d and that's how i noticed that it's the top view of the 3d

i just tried it and from what i see it's a top view of a 3d mode,

How is that different from the actual 2d mode?

i guess the maps looks different as compared to the actual 2d in the sense that everything looks smaller when zoomed out

ill.die.trying

thanks for finding that code. I will have to do some experimenting and see if I can use it.

no prob

funny thing. I tried using gurjon 6.7p for comparison and wanted to see what switching from 2d to 3d looked like... and it wouldn't switch to 2d... what bad luck is that. but tried going from 2d to 3d with the default igo8 skin and I see what you mean. Looks like it shows more small roads in real 2d mode.

do you know if igo8 8.0 supported 2d heading upward? It would be easier to copy code from an 8.0 file than from an 8.3 file. the 8.3 file has quite a few other features that our avic igo8 doesn't support. I read somewhere in the forum that 8.0 does not support 2d heading upward. It's been so long since I used 8.0 that I don't remember.

funny thing. I tried using gurjon 6.7p for comparison and wanted to see what switching from 2d to 3d looked like... and it wouldn't switch to 2d... what bad luck is that. but tried going from 2d to 3d with the default igo8 skin and I see what you mean. Looks like it shows more small roads in real 2d mode.

do you know if igo8 8.0 supported 2d heading upward? It would be easier to copy code from an 8.0 file than from an 8.3 file. the 8.3 file has quite a few other features that our avic igo8 doesn't support. I read somewhere in the forum that 8.0 does not support 2d heading upward. It's been so long since I used 8.0 that I don't remember.

AFAIK it doesn't support 2d headup

I am leaving the forum. goodbye.

Sorry to see you leave. We hardly knew you over here. I was running your specter red and blue themes you created on the igo forum for a while.

BTW - I agree with your reasoning for not paying for 3.0 based on what you paid for the 500. I have the same unit and there's no way I'm paying what they were speculating in the other thread.