AVIC411.com

Ok, so after much research I finally got the avic f90bt installed in my 2006 c-class benz.

Happy to say all works well so far.

For anyone living in boston,

Luxury Details in Framingham did a great job for around 300$.

I have a question though.

Does anyone have any custom presets set up that they could reccomend wit the exact info for each bar?

The sound doesnt sound bad but i can still hear like a hissing sound in the background and im not having much luck getting rid of it while playing around with the custom presets.

Seems the oem dash the mercedes had in the beggining was more satisfying.

Wish avic could have just stuck with a simple bass and treble, the way the oem was.

I dont know if different cars will have different EQ settings...do they?

Ok, so after much research I finally got the avic f90bt installed in my 2006 c-class benz.

Happy to say all works well so far.

For anyone living in boston,

Luxury Details in Framingham did a great job for around 300$.

I have a question though.

Does anyone have any custom presets set up that they could reccomend wit the exact info for each bar?

The sound doesnt sound bad but i can still hear like a hissing sound in the background and im not having much luck getting rid of it while playing around with the custom presets.

Seems the oem dash the mercedes had in the beggining was more satisfying.

Wish avic could have just stuck with a simple bass and treble, the way the oem was.

I dont know if different cars will have different EQ settings...do they?

Umm, different cars, speakers, listeners, will all have entirely different EQ settings. Just adjust it to what you like...

holy crap 300 bucks?

Too much?

I really could care less at this point considering Boomer and Allston both gave me an estimate of 600 / 800.

Maybe, that was back when i was expecting to rewire the whole car, but even then i remeber allston saying either way it was 80$ an hour for labor, and other fees for installation.

Boomer on the other hand kept saying it would need to be rewired regardless, then told me 800, then pretended to think about "what else would be needed" and finished up with an estimate of 900 - 1000$.

Luxury Details had experience with mercedes, and gave me a price i could work with so whatever.

I had been researching the unit for too long to start researching prices.

Well for a person who's not too experienced with this sort of thing, id rather a pro do it.

I'm willing to pay a relatively reasonable price if its going to guarantee me a good install with someone experienced who's does this on a regular basis. I could have probably installed it, but only after asking too many questions, and risking the chance of having to re-taking the unit in and out in the case of a wire problem.

But yeah, if you can do it yourself, doesnt get any better than that lol