AVIC411.com

Help! AVIC N1 not working!

Ok I did the soldering on my N1. I put it back together and now the screen pops out but nothing is comming on the screen, it wont even show power to the face. The only time the face lights up is when I start the car and then the lights go out and the screen goes into full up position. None of the buttons work, the only way to get the screen to go back into the unit is to either shut off the car, or take the face plate off. What happen?

Pleae help

If I don't get this working, I'll be selling the system. Brain, Deck, 910xm tuner, update discs cndv-60m and original. any takers email me.
i did the same thing to mine. before tring anyything u should go to radio shack and buy desoldering braid (solder wick), and take away all of the solder and try that. If that doesnt work take a fine utility nife and make sure that the solder u have is not touching any other contact points on the board. If these fail then i don;t know what else to tell you. Mine didnt work after doing both and i just bought a new one about 2 days again off ebay so we will see how that goes. Next time instead of soldering im going to use a conductive pen which can also be found at radio shack, it is a lot easier!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK
I tried all of that. I'm wondering if the board is shorted out. It powers up, just doesn't stay on. I'll piece the system out and get a new one when I can afford it. Thanks for the reply. If anyone is interested in the system, I'll put them on ebay or email me if you want to offer me something. I know the brain is worth something and the deck can be parted out. I have the xm tuner also with 60m discs. Mattmedic1@cox.net