AVIC411.com

Firmware 3.002: Video !

The complete hardware bypass involves both grounding the parking brake wire and moving and grounding the mute wire. When this is done, there is nothing else to bypass. The software bypass simply substitutes moving the mute wire with changing the speed setting in the INI file. The end result is identical.

When I had hard wire bypass only, I would get a parking brake warning when I went over 10mph (I think that is the correct override speed), this continued until I did the software bypass.

Either way, the question remains: can you still software bypass using testmode in 3.0

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The complete hardware bypass involves both grounding the parking brake wire and moving and grounding the mute wire. When this is done, there is nothing else to bypass. The software bypass simply substitutes moving the mute wire with changing the speed setting in the INI file. The end result is identical.

When I had hard wire bypass only, I would get a parking brake warning when I went over 10mph (I think that is the correct override speed), this continued until I did the software bypass.

Either way, the question remains: can you still software bypass using testmode in 3.0

The only way that is possible is you screwing up the process. Moving and grounding the mute wire would have eliminated that problem.

The only way that is possible is you screwing up the process. Moving and grounding the mute wire would have eliminated that problem.

True. I have had the hardware bypass from day one of my install and have always had full functionality of my unit.

Your hardware bypass must have been faulty.

Question still remains as to testmode working (apparently yes) and what modes can be done. Hopefully more will become clear soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, there are too many people with video lag issues for this thread to just DIE like this.

So what do we know so far: This is a EU-only update, and the version number is 3.002, which is technically prior to 3.0101, which is the latest.

Can we assume that 3.0101 includes the 3.002 stuff?

If so, can anyone with 3.0101 confirm that the video lag is gone?

I'm particularly interested because I'm running DiVX files off my USB drive.

Please share if you have info.

Thanks.

iaf_22, thank you so much for the video and your info!

Can you confirm to us that you can still do the soft-mod for the handbrake? i.e. you can still insert the vehicle speed in the .ini file?

Thank you!

Not sure what you mean... Are you talking about watching video while the parking brake is off ?? The shop who installed me the Avic did this bypass for me... and this is still working.

But maybe that's not what u meant... ??

Allright iaf_22 here's the nutshell: there are two types of bypasses, a hardwired and a software. The software is primary source of concern because of the questions with testmode's functionality. Hardwire fools the unit into thinking the parking brake is pulled. However, when you start moving, the gyros/GPS senses your moving and once you make it over 10mph, you get another safety warning that once again disables input to the unit (inputting addresses, watching video, etc).

However, this software warning can also be disabled (via testmode) by changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction . Looks like this:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=16.0

hide_logos=1

Change the 16 to 256 (I think) and you have bypassed it.

The question is, is it still accessible and is it still in an easy to find spot - not to mention, IF you can find it - DOES IT STILL WORK...

Well, my initial installation was made by professional, and of course i never had this park brake limitation. So i guess they 've done it the hardwired mode ( ?? ).

Going to 3.002 didn't change a thing on this matter.

I have a F900 with the x-series 3.01 firmware (all except the igo directory). Noticed video lag significantly decreased. Even button response when video is running is better (not perfect, but much better). Playing videos off SD with following specs:

Package- .AVI

Video code-mpeg4

Video size-720 x 576

Video Framerate-25 fps

Audio Codec-aac or MP3

Audio Bitrate-128

Sample Rate-11025