AVIC411.com

Update 2.006 Now NO BOOT/NO TESTMODE - F700BT :(

Hello,

I just installed the 2.006 update and everything completed fine... Now when the Unit turns on I see my "Splash Screen" and then it just goes black and stays black... I created a new testmode SD card and now I cant even boot into testmode anymore. I also cannot eject the CD the is in the CD Player :(

Does anyone know what I can do to get my F700-bt working again??? Is there a way I can completely reformat/format the drive and reinstall the original software to start over from scratch?

Im not sure how to proceed with this and I am looking for anyone that can point me in the right direction. I cant boot into testmode so I dont know what I can do to format the drive??? :(

Thank you SO MUCH for any help that you can provide!

Jonathan

just tried it, extracted it, opened test mode, highlighted all the contents, all 13 icons, pasted it into my reformated sdhc card with sd card adapter (FAT32), tried it and no avail still =( incase your wondering i was able to update it to 2.006 with this same card.

the new update worked for awhile, once i shut off the car however it never worked since, always stuck on the usually booting msg screen with the 3 icons.

ok so what did you do?

i'm having the same problem. i can't get my unit into test mode. i'm currently trying to get the v2.3 rar files on my card to get it into test mode that way but it seems like the file is incomplete. how exactly and WHAT exactly do you put onto the card?

i DL'd the v2.3 .rar file but it isn't a complete file. so i can't open it on my computer. it's 692 KB but there is a root file missing or something. needless to say it doesn't do shit to my avic when it is started and that's on the SD.

please school me someone.

OK... so I downloaded and unzipped the testmode 2.3 and put it on my SD card and I still CANNOT get my unit to boot into testmode... There seem to be a lot of files in the new test mode 2.3 so I copied them all to my SD card... Can someone verify what files actually need to be there... If im able to get into test mode is there a way I can reload the original 2.0 software and start over... Its like the unit doesnt have an OS on it anymore and doesnt know what to do!

guys i still havent been able to fix my problem, ive got the virgin 2.0 files,

ive deleted all the files in my flash disk

ive loaded the 2.0 update through my sd card

every time i try to copy over my igo folder, it keeps saying not enough disk space, how is that possible? please help guys this deck is brand new and i barely even got to use it for an hour and ive had nothing but problems these past 5 days