AVIC411.com

Applying CE hacks and mods

Been reading a ton of stuff here lately and im well aware that almost all mods are software related.

So far I have downloaded Testmode and MiTACAP and with the SD card loaded into the unit I was able to access the systems "Windows" root. But I am a little lost as far as what order or additional things I need to download are. I havent found any good step-by-step directions, just alot of vague bits and pieces.

I want to do a parking break bypass on our F500BT and im pretty sure after reading quite a bit that the hardware mod alone wont work. So can someone help me out here and give me the break down on what the order is and what is necessary to get these certain DATA.zip files altered/edited so I can use these hacks. Thanks

Been reading a ton of stuff here lately and im well aware that almost all mods are software related.

So far I have downloaded Testmode and MiTACAP and with the SD card loaded into the unit I was able to access the systems "Windows" root. But I am a little lost as far as what order or additional things I need to download are. I havent found any good step-by-step directions, just alot of vague bits and pieces.

I want to do a parking break bypass on our F500BT and im pretty sure after reading quite a bit that the hardware mod alone wont work. So can someone help me out here and give me the break down on what the order is and what is necessary to get these certain DATA.zip files altered/edited so I can use these hacks. Thanks

data.zip is inside myflashdisk/apl2/igo folder,

you have to extract the data.zip to be able to do your hacks, it's best to use 7zip

there are some modified data.zip in the forums and i think it would be the easiest way to do the hack,

BE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING ANY CHANGES

let me know if you need any help

Thanks so much for trying to help. Ill try to keep my questions simple...

this is located within the units files and accessed when in Testmode? or is this a file I need to find within the MiTACAP and Testmode files I downloaded?

you have to extract the data.zip to be able to do your hacks, it's best to use 7zip

extract them from the unit or I need to download something else? where can I find 7zip?

there are some modified data.zip in the forums and i think it would be the easiest way to do the hack,

I found the thread that mentions changing the value to bypass the parking brake restriction, but as far as modified data.zip files on the forums, what do you mean?

how do I backup files?

thanks again

Thanks so much for trying to help. Ill try to keep my questions simple...

this is located within the units files and accessed when in Testmode? or is this a file I need to find within the MiTACAP and Testmode files I downloaded?

this is located within the units files and can only be accessed through testmode

extract them from the unit or I need to download something else? where can I find 7zip?

once you've copied the file from the unit to your sd you have to copy it to your computer and extract it there

I found the thread that mentions changing the value to bypass the parking brake restriction, but as far as modified data.zip files on the forums, what do you mean?

how do I backup files?

thanks again

that would be the software bypass,

for the modified data.zip chack out this thread http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22695&start=675#p170252

backing up your files means copying files from your unit to your sd card

Hey I'm new to this as well, right now all i want to do is just the bypass. What i don't understand is how to get to this DATA.ZIP in order to change the values.

What i don't get is WHERE i change the values.

do i do it on the deck in test mode or do i change the file on my computer than copy it over using a SD card.

secondly

I tried using the TEST MODE on my deck but it didn't work.

Loaded the files on a freshly formatted SD card and it doesn't do anything at all

I have the F700.

Thanks.

Hey I'm new to this as well, right now all i want to do is just the bypass. What i don't understand is how to get to this DATA.ZIP in order to change the values.

do i do it on the deck in test mode or do i change the file on my computer than copy it over using a SD card.

secondly

Loaded the files on a freshly formatted SD card and it doesn't do anything at all

I have the F700.

Thanks.

you have to change it on your pc

secondly

I have the F700.

Thanks.

Okay i have the data zip. and I have changed the value how do I get it on my deck?

Thanks.

hey I'm new to this as well, right now all i want to do is just the bypass. What i don't understand is how to get to this DATA.ZIP in order to change the values.

secondly

I have the F700.

Thanks.

Okay i have the data zip. and I have changed the value how do I get it on my deck?

Thanks.

reverse the process, go into testmode and copy that to igo folder, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP

Yup I do have a back up. But heres the thing...

I took the file from a fresh copy that i downloaded and modded that one. i tried looking in TEST MODE how to replace the data file but i have no clue I spent a good 10 min's in my car looking around in test mode but i didn't wanna go messing around to much without knowing.

so once in test mode what do I do?

Thanks.

Yup I do have a back up. But heres the thing...

I took the file from a fresh copy that i downloaded and modded that one. i tried looking in TEST MODE how to replace the data file but i have no clue I spent a good 10 min's in my car looking around in test mode but i didn't wanna go messing around to much without knowing.

so once in test mode what do I do?

Thanks.

go to myflashdisk/apl2/igo, that's where the data.zip should go

I know where it goes. my problem is I don't know how to move it.

Right now I have the modified DATA.ZIP on my SD card. ( I assume i need it there to copy over in test mode )

and I know where its suppose to go but I don't know how to get it there in test mode.

So once in test mode is there a program I should be opening up? or should I just be trying to navigate to the iGO folder and some how copy it over to there?

(sorry for annoying you with this questions)

Thanks.

I know where it goes. my problem is I don't know how to move it.

Right now I have the modified DATA.ZIP on my SD card. ( I assume i need it there to copy over in test mode )

and I know where its suppose to go but I don't know how to get it there in test mode.

So once in test mode is there a program I should be opening up? or should I just be trying to navigate to the iGO folder and some how copy it over to there?

(sorry for annoying you with this questions)

Thanks.

use the copy /paste function in edit tab

ah my fingers are much to fat for that :lol:

i just used the program called "total control" ( at least thats what I think it was called )

but it ended up not working. I tried to bypass the E-break by changing the values from 16 to 128

as explained in this guide viewtopic.php?t=17715

but it didn't seem to work. I'm going to review everything and try again but in the mean time do you know another way to do the bypass with software?

ah my fingers are much to fat for that :lol:

i just used the program called "total control" ( at least thats what I think it was called )

but it ended up not working. I tried to bypass the E-break by changing the values from 16 to 128

as explained in this guide http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17715

but it didn't seem to work. I'm going to review everything and try again but in the mean time do you know another way to do the bypass with software?

use a stylus,

what i would suggest is to tyr using a modded zip file,

I will try that just to be sure.

I want to try another mod in there that so i can test if its because the e-break wire isn't grounded, or I'm just missing something.

If you don't mind could you link me to a Data.zip with some minor mods that i could test out? or just another value I can change to test things out.

Thanks.