AVIC411.com

F90BT keeps dropping Bluetooth connection to Nokia N97

I have an F90BT and I have last years flash for the firmware but I notice with this unit and my new phone versus my old phone (Nokia E71) the system keeps dropping the bluetooth. Over a 45 minuted conversation in my car the system dropped 4 times. Does anyone have the same issues?

I have an F90BT and I have last years flash for the firmware but I notice with this unit and my new phone versus my old phone (Nokia E71) the system keeps dropping the bluetooth. Over a 45 minuted conversation in my car the system dropped 4 times. Does anyone have the same issues?

I didn't know anyone used Nokia phones anymore :?: I've never had problems with mine, but I use an LG

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here. The phone connects with no problems. When I call someone there isn't any problems. But if someone else is calling me first avic rings, ? hit the green button on avic and hear the first "hello" then saound is passed from avic back to N97. If I hit "use BT headset" on N97 sometime AVIC picks up. And sometimes they both go into freeze state.

Running 3.0 version on AVIC with 3.30 bluetooth version and V 20 firmware on N97.

I used to have a Nokia 5800 until now and it also dropped bluetooth connections frequently. We definately need a bluetooth update from Pioneer but god knows whether they will bother to create an update.

We all know that the freak bluetooth module in AVIC is produced by Parrot and it is an early model with Bluetooth 1.2 support only. Since newer model devices have Bluetooth 2.0 these problems occur.

At this stage either Pioneer needs to create an update to fix this or they should signpost their devices to say "Works only with Iphone, LG and Sony Ericsson" in order to save us consumers to get ripped of thinking "Bluetooth" compatible means I can use my AVIC with my cell phone.

Thanks Pioneer for your everlasting customer un-care!!!

• 3 months later...