AVIC411.com

Could not find this problem mentioned anywhere. I have used the F500BT for about 4 month with no problems. All of a sudden a couple of days ago it froze on me while I was driving. I rebooted it, and the touch screen does not want to work. Well, the funny thing is it lets me touch one time on the initial 3 option screen, then it shows me the warning screen, and I cannot press the OK button. One time yesterday it let me press the OK button but not further. It showed me the map, everything seems to work properly, my previous destination is still there and it is directing me there. The buttons on the side "menu" and "map" work and switch me between those two modes, but the touch screen does not. Anyone has any ideas what could cause this?

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been having the same problem from time to time. After I turn the car off and wait a while it seems to clear as well.

However tonight I figured out somewhat of a hack to get around it.

hold down the menu+map buttons and a screen adjustment menu will pop up, when I backed out of that screen I was able to hit more than one button in a screen with the touch screen failing. However when I went to my dvd rom audio playback menu, i could only touch the screen once before failing. This seems to be software in origin than hardware.

Let me know if this works on some level.

• 1 month later...

I'm having this same issue with my F900BT. The touch screen stopped responding today. Turning the unit off/on does not seem to help. I can occasionally get buttons at the very bottom of the screen to work (shuffle all and map) but can't the the Accept button on the map warning screen to work. Very frustrating. I'm considering reinstalling the software but am worried I won;t be able to enter the password and therefore not be able to complete the install. There are all sorts of warnings not to turn the car off before completing the install.

If anyone comes know of a fix, please pass it on.

My original avic-F700BT had the same problem. And it was temperature related too. If the temp got warmer that say 65 Degrees in the car, i'd have to tap the screen several times before it would accept the next screen tap. When I was in testmode i discovered that the touch screen was not detecting the release off of the screen. It was as if i was still holding my finger down on my screen. I tried everything, i even replaced the touch screen myself and it STILL happened. The 3.x firmware update did not help either. In the winter time, the touchscreen worked perfectly.

I gave up and bought an avic-x710bt and its been fine all summer. Then i bought a second x710bt for the mustang and thats been great too. Occasionally i'd have to do a second tap on the screen but not often. I was told that "for this problem don't do anything no upgrade of any kind will fix this syndrome of touch screen the problem is the control board not the glass touch the board itself"

• 1 month later...