AVIC411.com

It will work fully, control/video/audio/album art...charging will work if its below around 80%. If its above, you'll get a message stating it will not support charging. But everything else will continue to work during this period. and it will at least keep it at 80% charge. Also, when the battery is low, and charging does occur, it is slower than a normal charge from a computer or wall socket.

I have an iphone 3g s, and I had an iphone 3g. The unit did charge, but initially the cable was bad so it was confusing if it did or not. I replaced the cable and it charged fine. Some new weird issues are going on though with the 3gs, it says a very bad warning that this accessory doesn't support charging. But it only happens sometimes. I guess the whole 80 percent charge makes sense.

but everything does work, control, video and charging. There are some first time connect failures, just plug it back in.

Also one great thing about the 3gs, is that you can do away with the avic voice recognition. The iphone 3g s voice recognition is far superior, faster and less annoying then the built in one. And it supports all the same commands, if not more. Including who you want to call, albums, artists etc.

It will work fully, control/video/audio/album art...charging will work if its below around 80%. If its above, you'll get a message stating it will not support charging. But everything else will continue to work during this period. and it will at least keep it at 80% charge. Also, when the battery is low, and charging does occur, it is slower than a normal charge from a computer or wall socket.

F90BT is correct! I have seen the exact same behavior with my 3G S.

Also, I do find that it is occacionally slower (there's a 4 or 5 second pause) when changing to another artist or album than my previous 3G.

Hopefully Pioneer is taking notes and will improve the interface between the F series and the iPhone 3G S with their 3.0 firmware update.