AVIC411.com

Bypass Parking Brake

I was wondering if anyone knows how to bypass the parking brake on the F90BT (vehicle is a Lincoln Mark LT) I tried the F Series Bypass but the system keeps telling me that the parking brake is not applied properly. HELP

Perform the bypass correctly. It's all there.

I just did this and it is super easy. If it is telling you that the parking brake is hooked up wrong, that is good - it means you have grounded the brake wire. Now you just need to do the software bypass and you will be good to go. http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17715

Essentially, just boot into windows ce (testmode), copy all the files on my flash drive to the sd card, go to your computer and change the speed (I set mine to 160, which equates to 100 mph), then copy the data.zip file back to the f90bt, take the card out and restart. The whole thing took me all of 30 minutes and 20 of that was waiting on the backup files to copy over.

I just did this and it is super easy. If it is telling you that the parking brake is hooked up wrong, that is good - it means you have grounded the brake wire. Now you just need to do the software bypass and you will be good to go. viewtopic.php?t=17715

Essentially, just boot into windows ce (testmode), copy all the files on my flash drive to the sd card, go to your computer and change the speed (I set mine to 160, which equates to 100 mph), then copy the data.zip file back to the f90bt, take the card out and restart. The whole thing took me all of 30 minutes and 20 of that was waiting on the backup files to copy over.

or they can just move and ground the mute wire, which IMNSHO is far far easier then mucking around in the file system.

please make sure that the bypass instructions that you followed are for the F-series and not the D-series as the position that the mute wire is moved to is different.

move mute over 1 row and down 3 more slots (into the 4th slot, between the two black wires)