AVIC411.com

Yes for that you would have to break down the software on the DVD Roms and go in through the service menu to try. Or you could purchase a F or X series head unit... the possibilities are being looked into as to stripping the software down and running just the core OS (Windows CE). This is all done simply with some programming and SD card updating (I don't mean that its "simple" but it can be more easliy done).

Hmm sounds a bit complicated to me. This is a link to a win CE device I modified some time ago.

http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topi ... C_ID=44304

The process was made easier due to my PC being hooked into the device via it's usb port! Basically we stopped it booting up into GPS mode, then installed Tomtom and then made it boot up in Tomtom.

The complication comes in from the D3 hardware being severely limited in what it can do... It has an extremely limited flash memory built into it (thats why the maps are all still on two DVD roms)

Yeh-I understand the limitations of it's poor memory. Wish I knew about this when I bought the thing. Everything else is great-Blue tooth phone/ipod interface/radio etc but the navi software is real third rate. A £100 Tomtom knocks spots off it without a doubt!

Anyway me old mate thanks for all your comments-much appreciated

Doug