AVIC411.com

Changing from Copied disc to New disc

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Sequoia that already had the AVIC-D1 installed in it. The dealership did not have the navigation disc for it so I ordered a copy off of ebay. It works ok for a few minutes and then starts making this clicking noise. Anyway, I have a friend that owns a custom truck shop and just realized that he could order the original disc for me at cost. He ordered me the same disc set that I have a copy of. CDNV-60MP or something like that. It is the 2006 version. My question is: If I put the new original disc in my AVIC-D1 will it run ok or do I need to erase the memory or something and re-install? I greatly appreciate any assistance and instructions if needed. I apologize if this has already been covered.

Thanks,

Jeff
actually, if you reset the disk you will ensure pioneer and their backgrounds and splash screens are loaded. You can reset the unit just above the bottom left corner above the silver knob. theres a pin hole. Again, you would do this to ensure that the splash screen.. if changed.. probably hasnt though.. would be put back to pioneers stuff.

Hope this helps, enjoy