AVIC411.com

EU F700/F900 V3 Firmware Upgrade only - How2 for Noobs

Ok well after getting told off for asking too many questions :roll: I finally got the update working on my UK F900. Note this is firmware only, no map updates. Now this does assume you know how to navigate WinCE on the units, copying and pasting etc..

1) Download the F710/F910 EU firmware update from here : http://www.pioneer.eu/files/support/avic_apl_upgrade/AVIC_F710910_APL_3010100_CE_6219.zip

2) Download The EU testmode for V2 from here :http://avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=6588

3) Download the new testmode V2.3 from here : http://www.avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7376

4) Download the hacked ezrider V2.007 from here : http://avic411.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7372

5) First things first, do a full backup. So put the V2 testmode on a SD card and boot the unit. If you cant do a backup, go check out the FAQ. I had a laptop in the car as I could put files back and forth on my SD, makes life simpler

6) Now were gonna update the WinCE operating system. So in part 1, there are 2 files you need, they are WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS, they are in the /LPUE080/PLT directory. Delete the testmode files from the SD card and put these 2 files on it.

7) Boot into service mode. As soon as you power up your unit, hold down, menu+eject+map+reset, then release reset holding the other, you will hear the cd drive, then a pop from the speakers, release the eject and you should have a blue screen, now release menu and map.

8) Using the vol knob, do the following, UP, UP, DOWN, Menu, LEFT, RIGHT. This will bring up the service menu. Select Update WinCE, then insert the SD card, then select 'Update using SD/USB NON-Format' and push the vol knob. It will auto update and after a few secs it will tell you to restart. Now remove the SD card.

9) Now put the testmode V2.3 onto the SD card. You will need to rename the folder to Testmode. Make sure you copy the whole folder across.

10) Put the SD back into the unit and press the reset button. It will now boot back into WinCE mode. Once in WinCE mode, remove the card again.

11) Now delete the testmode from the SD and copy both the APL folder from the F910 update, AND the ezrider file onto it.

12) Put the SD card back into the unit. Rename the APL directory on the flash drive to APL.BAK, and copy the new APL folder across. Also go into the APL2/igo folder on the flash disk and rename the ezrider to ezrider.bak. Copy the new ezrider on your SD into the same location.

13) Once all this is done, remove the SD, press reset and let it boot. You should now have the latest fast WinCE version along with the V3 firmware updates.

Phew, hope that all makes sense. It's up here a draft so please let me know if i've screwed up somewhere.

Thanks

Andy

Thats awesome, i have the problem though that ealier in the week i followed a US guide, and formatted, now i've got US image etc on my uk/eu machine, and i try to drop my new Uk maps on it and it wont boot up. Once someone follows this guide, i'd be gratefull if they uploaded their whole flash disk like the americans have so i can just drop it on mine and hopefully i'll be ok.

Its really strange about the american extra features, as i installed their wince, their image, it booted, but into our spec, no xm, no voice extras, as supprised that i got it to work off their image, i was supprised how it takes out their extra features..

I'm afraid not, i was pretty confident with what i was doing, it was a silly mistake that i clicked format and not upgrade. Totally my fault..

I should know about data backup as i work for a data recovery company :)

So, i apologise for being a noob, and i know noobs are welcome here, but if anyone does have that image of the UK or EU one, it'll get me out of a load of trouble. Even if its a v2 one, it'd get me back on track

Thanks

Dave

I suggest that the original poster make it clear in his first post that this is NOTa full version 3 update.

The complete navigation part (igo 8.0) is still there from version 2, the new igo 8.3 and the new maps are not.

So what you get if you follow the instruction is a hybrid of version 2 and version 3. Beside the update of the WinCE which brings a noticeable speedup of the response time you don't see much new. Don't be disappointed.

I suggest that the original poster make it clear in his first post that this is NOTa full version 3 update.

The complete navigation part (igo 8.0) is still there from version 2, the new igo 8.3 and the new maps are not.

So what you get if you follow the instruction is a hybrid of version 2 and version 3. Beside the update of the WinCE which brings a noticeable speedup of the response time you don't see much new. Don't be disappointed.

Umm I did, its in the first paragraph! :wink:

he only thing i can add to this is why not using a USB stick for the My Flash Drive.

any way my image of my UK F900BT V3 Firmware (no new maps) only is uploaded on my web site

Good job, I wont bother doing mine then.

Bear in mind to anyone using Bitmans image, you MUST update the WinCE manually first.