AVIC411.com

how do u update the maps

Just bought a F700bt but it has come with map data for 2007. How/were can i update the maps?

I assume that you have joined us in order to learn to do this yourself so i will not give you a smartass link to a Pioneer site.

Maps can be found here.

http://gpssoftware.us/

There are many other sources for maps, google is a good starting point.

You may need to change your ezrider file for the maps to work, If you are unsure how to do it, DON'T until you have searched this site and read all you can find on the subject and feel confident enough to do it.

If you don't feel confident read it all again :-)

If you still dont feel confident then use the smartass link.

Just bought a F700bt but it has come with map data for 2007. How/were can i update the maps?

I assume that you have joined us in order to learn to do this yourself so i will not give you a smartass link to a Pioneer site.

Maps can be found here.

http://gpssoftware.us/

There are many other sources for maps, google is a good starting point.

You may need to change your ezrider file for the maps to work, If you are unsure how to do it, DON'T until you have searched this site and read all you can find on the subject and feel confident enough to do it.

If you don't feel confident read it all again :-)

If you still dont feel confident then use the smartass link.

Dear BrianF,

Do tell how providing the man with exactly what he requested is a "smartass link". I would love to know how giving him a link DIRECTLY to the page from which he can purchase the update is smartass.

You're one of the many brilliant people on here...

If this were a forum dedicated to piracy, I would, of course have replied differently.

Since this is, however, a public forum designed for the "average joe" to find resources on how to better use, or troubleshoot his device, an appropriate link was given.

Are they available now ?

They ship in August.

You're making the assumption that this guy has the know-how or even wants to do it himself. Just try to remember that there are plenty of people that go on Google, type in something like "How do you update F700BT maps?", and one of the first results may be this forum. They may not necessarily know that they're entering a forum full of people that mod their devices.

In fact, that's likely what it is, if that's what he entered... http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=how+do+y ... mf0jJ9P_V0

That's all. I'm not trying to start another flame war. I was actually trying to help the guy out instead of being a dick for once (but still giving the link) lol

Thanks for the reponse guys.

Ive just paid £700 for this system and so far im not too impressed with Pioneers so called customer service. They have advised that even though ive just spent an absolute fortune to buy the system with out of date mapping that i have to pay for the map updates which are a rip off.

I like the sound from the system, but lack of a decent manual to advise how/where to update or even use of certain functions really let it down.

So much so im thinking of returning the system to the store where i have purchased it from.

if the system was out of warrenty i would try the hacked mapping but i feel that i shouldnt have to revert to doing so with a brand new system.

mmmm i was told to piss off by pioneer i have to pay!

Dealer is dealing with it, if no free update they will get it back as im not paying £900 for the system with correct mapping when i can get the 710BT for less with new updates.

Thats why they want to charge for the maps as the only difference between 700 and 710 is the mapping updates.