AVIC411.com

x910bt ON with remote start?

So I thought it would cut into the boot up time of my gps, if I were able to get it to turn on with my remote start. I have an 08 chevy avalanche with factory remote start. I do have a clifford g5 on it as well, but I believe the installer of the g5 just let the factory remote start do the starting. Anyway, when I remote start only my engine and a/c power on but not the radio. Same thing happened with my factory radio. But I thought it would cut on load up time if I was able to get it to start up along with the remote start. I did a search and didn't find anything specific to my set up and I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so how they got it done.

just because your radio does not power up does not mean you are still using the factory remote starter. On a lot of cars the radio is on a different circuit than the a/c. These wires do not always get connected to a remote start because they are not required for it. If I installed this for you and you brought it back to me I would offer to connect your radio so it came on with the rs, but I would charge you since it would be an extra feature that is not standard on the rs system. Nowhere in the specs of features of a rs unit does it say it will power up a radio. It will if the radio is on the same circuit as the ac and other needed accessories, or if you ask specifically that it be wired that way.

just because your radio does not power up does not mean you are still using the factory remote starter. On a lot of cars the radio is on a different circuit than the a/c. These wires do not always get connected to a remote start because they are not required for it. If I installed this for you and you brought it back to me I would offer to connect your radio so it came on with the rs, but I would charge you since it would be an extra feature that is not standard on the rs system. Nowhere in the specs of features of a rs unit does it say it will power up a radio. It will if the radio is on the same circuit as the ac and other needed accessories, or if you ask specifically that it be wired that way.

How much would something like this run me? The rewiring to make the radio start with the rs?

• 3 weeks later...

I have an f series with remote start and when I remote start my car the radio comes on.. HOWEVER when I get in the car and put the key in the radio reboots. But it takes less than 1min for full the system to boot up so no biggie as to why people think that is too long. Remember dial up? back then we had no choice was would pray for 28kbs and was jumping for joy when 52kbs came out.. those were the days