AVIC411.com

Change presets from Steering wheel?

Hey, I think this actually depends as much on the steering wheel interface that you are using as it does on the Avic.

I have a connects2 as my SW interface and unfortunately mine still skips by one station (on XM) or my 0.2 (on FM radio) or next station with decent reception (if I hold down the button for one second). This is all on an '09 GTI, F7010BT, with 3.0 firmware.

Some of the people with the PAC-SWI seemed to have had better luck with now being able scroll through their presets.

HR

How can I make the radio presets change from the steering wheel? Is there s special menu or something? Because I read here that if u have 3.0 and up it should change.

Using the PAC-SWI and 3.0 upgrade, it'll do presets if the PAC-SWI output commands are set to seek up/down. The Pioneer unit doesn't do anything with preset up/down set as the PAC-SWI output commands.

Using the PAC-SWI and 3.0 upgrade, it'll do presets if the PAC-SWI output commands are set to seek up/down. The Pioneer unit doesn't do anything with preset up/down set as the PAC-SWI output commands.

I'm sure I'm just missing something but if the Pioneer unit has nothing to do with the preset up/down why is it a number of people are now able to have that function work when it didn't with previous firmware (1.X and 2.X).

Thanks

HR

I have the Connects2 for my '08 Audi A4, drove me crazy how the left side control when spun up or down scrolled through the freequencies insted of my preset stations. Then I accidentally PRESSED the knob and wow... each press of it goes to the next preset station. If yours has a knob like this try it...

I have the Connects2 for my '08 Audi A4, drove me crazy how the left side control when spun up or down scrolled through the freequencies insted of my preset stations. Then I accidentally PRESSED the knob and wow... each press of it goes to the next preset station. If yours has a knob like this try it...

Thanks but unfortunately my GTI has it like this:

Left: volume up/down, star --> mute, phone --> does nothing

Right: up/down --> function as above, OK --> changes source, screen --> toggles through the MFD

One day I'll figure it out!! :lol:

Hans

Thanks but unfortunately my GTI has it like this:

Left: volume up/down, star --> mute, phone --> does nothing

Right: up/down --> function as above, OK --> changes source, screen --> toggles through the MFD

One day I'll figure it out!! :lol:

Hans

On some interfaces, it makes a difference if you give a short press (steps frequency) or long press (steps preset)

On some interfaces, it makes a difference if you give a short press (steps frequency) or long press (steps preset)

You are right, for regular radio (eg. FM) if I just hit up/down once it goes up/down by 0.2, but if I press and hold (about a second) it goes to the next station with good reception. Unfortunately pressing and holding it on XM simply makes it go up two stations.

HR