AVIC411.com

Please Please Help Me Out!!

Hey Everyone,

Im an Australian F900BT owner, only had it for about 3 weeks now and am totally loving it! Already put in various hacks such as the new Australian maps, the Mute Guidance Hack, and many others.

What i really really need to know is (because reading all of these threads about the updates, which include half the people jumping for joy for successfully updating to 3.0 and the other half begging for help, is driving me nuts and im really anxious to do it) if i follow the steps outlined by either Retell (off the top of my head) or any of the other people who have put instructions from step 1, will it work on my Australian unit, considering the update is european i think?

And also, if i follow the instructions exactly as written, what are the chances i will end up with a fault like ive read recently, such as loss of GPS signals, or phone bluetooth connection stuff ups, or system rebooting every few mins, etc?

Because as you can expect, considering its actually a new system being only a few weeks old in my car, i would feel absolutely AWFUL if i stuffed it up and bricked it or had to send it away to pioneer or something!

And if that IS the case (i.e. if something goes wrong in the installation, or problems afterwards, etc) is it an easy job to restore everything back to the previous way it was with version 2.0?

Thanks so much guys

I love this forum, its truly amazing!

This is for North American AVICS US and Canada Europe can not use the same update but they have found a good work around for themselves. You may also use this in Australia but you are gonna have to use a updated hacked ezrider file I would do some reading on the EU update because that seems a lot more similar to your situation then the UC version.

People that are having issues probably shouldnt have been doing non pioneer updates because they may not have had enough practice doing a lot of the system file work... I had bought a used bricked avic from a former member of this forum who couldnt even fix it and brought it back to life so I figured I had had enough experience in Service Mode and Test Mode to undo any mistake I could possibly do.

When ever you modify your system you can run into an error... my advice to you would be back up EVERYTHING before you start to do any changes, just about everything can be undone and brought back to your older versions. Bought you do run a chance of having no tunes in your car for a few days while trying to fix it. If you dont feel comfortable doing a lot of computer work dont do it!!!

• 1 year later...

This is for North American AVICS US and Canada Europe can not use the same update but they have found a good work around for themselves. You may also use this in Australia but you are gonna have to use a updated hacked ezrider file I would do some reading on the EU update because that seems a lot more similar to your situation then the UC version.

People that are having issues probably shouldnt have been doing non pioneer updates because they may not have had enough practice doing a lot of the system file work... I had bought a used bricked avic from a former member of this forum who couldnt even fix it and brought it back to life so I figured I had had enough experience in Service Mode and Test Mode to undo any mistake I could possibly do.

When ever you modify your system you can run into an error... my advice to you would be back up EVERYTHING before you start to do any changes, just about everything can be undone and brought back to your older versions. Bought you do run a chance of having no tunes in your car for a few days while trying to fix it. If you dont feel comfortable doing a lot of computer work dont do it!!!

I have an f900bt, I fear I have bricked it by tooling around with the blue screen mode and formatting the MBR in response to the system start up in progress reboot loop. I need help. Any advice. Thanks.