AVIC411.com

Well, it was a nice ride. Many of you hate me here, many of you don't.

Finally sold my AVIC-F900BT and bought an Eclipse AVN-726e. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I took quite a hit on the AVIC, but considering I was just about ready to take it to a field and pull an Office Space on it... any money is better than none.

And yes, I sold the XM with it.

So long fellas! :mrgreen:

what a difference a day makes....... when I started my love of electronics, Pioneer sucked, but had great tv ads; and eclipse was even worse by a wide margin. We'd laugh at the guys with the 100 watt eclipse amps that really had about 5 watts - boy did they sound like crap...LOL...... swore I'd never own either

Now I have a Pioneer Kuro that is jaw drop amazing along with 2 Avics, and eclipse is apparently an OEM supplier of highly regarded equipment..... what a difference a day makes...

good luck on all your navigable journeys :wink: ...

Well, it was a nice ride. Many of you hate me here, many of you don't.

Finally sold my AVIC-F900BT and bought an Eclipse AVN-726e. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I took quite a hit on the AVIC, but considering I was just about ready to take it to a field and pull an Office Space on it... any money is better than none.

And yes, I sold the XM with it.

So long fellas! :mrgreen:

Probably works better, but also cost twice as much.

That's exactly it. I had an Eclipse 3424 before the AVIC and the deck was great at what it did. Eclipse makes great products but there was no way I could get anything feature comparible for what I paid for the F700BT.

And the beautiful thing about the internet is you can read reviews before you buy....and these decks are great for the money even without mods/hacks.

Hey all. Well I will go ahead and leave my impressions of the AVN726e. Got it locally for 899, not a bad price. About the same as what I paid online for my AVIC F-900BT.

Good:

-Bootup is instant. Well, maybe 2 seconds, and I can access NAV and iPod and Bluetooth.

-GUI is very fast and responsibe. The 3.0101 software fixed the AVIC, but it still was not as fast as the Eclipse is.

-GUI is very simple - at the cost of some functionality, the GUI has been made very clean, very simple. MUCH better than the Kenwood, and somewhat better than the AVIC F.

-Navigation is soooo much better. Voice sounds better, map display is VERY smooth, pretty much the same as the OEM Lexus system I have seen. Routing is very fast and intuitive, the music continues to play when the turns are announced (this was a pain to set in the AVIC, but could still be done).

-Bluetooth is MUUUUCH more reliable. Instant connection and disconnection, no hangups, flawless as it should be. Sound quality is great, and I can continue to navigate the GUIs while on a call. Navigation voice comes through when on a call as well (to the other party's surprise hehe).

-Larger, brighter screen, buttons are more solid feeling.

-iPod control is fast and responsive.

-The sound quality is MUCH better. I was actually surprised how much better it sounds. 24bit DAC and 5volt outs perhaps?

-Video playback is smoother and much better looking

-NO CRASHES OR FREEZES

Bad:

-I admit I miss the voice control - especially for phone calls. Although, it didnt work anywhere near 100% of the time, so the added frustration of repeating myself over and over may override this as a good.

-The Kenwood camera wont work with it. Eclipse has a proprietary connector and I am having a hell of a time trying to find an adapter for it.

So far I am incredibly happy with it. Once I get the camera situation fixed I will be a happy freaking camper. I may add steering wheel controls to compensate for lack of voice commands.