AVIC411.com

Anyone Else Have A Suggestion For This Problem

I have the F700BT and have had this issue since I bought it. This is my only complaint about the unit. It does one of two things on a consistent basis. The iPod connection will either drop off when booting up or play only on the right or left channel from time to time. I have read over this forum and have found several people who have had this same problem and tried all of those fixes but they don't work. If they do work it seems to be a couple of days and then back to the same problem. This is what I have done so for to try and fix this problem, but it still is ongoing.

1.) I swapped the iPod cable from the Rocketfish AV cable to the Pioneer and problem still exist.

2.) I sent my the RCA/Power cable that plugs into the back of the unit to Pioneer in Ohio and had it tested by a tech who I talked with and he said there is nothing wrong it. He is blaming this problem on software, saying it needs to be reloaded and send in the unit (Which I will not do, unless catastrophic failure). When I asked him what software would be reloaded he said the 2.0 software and it will fix the problem.

Well now that the 3.0 has been released through this forum, I have to disagree with number 2 because it didn't work. When I loaded the 3.0 that was released on this site I did it 2 different ways. I basically did the upgrade option and the format and reload of the WINCE files through the service menu. The only thing that was fixed so far that I noticed, is the iPod is detected everytime on boot up. The audio fluctuating from channel to channel along with a "squeaking" noise (that is the only word I can use to describe it) is happening now.

So this brings me back to this forum to ask some more questions as to what could be the problem. Could it be that the WINCE files that came with my unit are bad and need replaced from someone on this forum who's CE files are good? I doubt it because upgrading to the 3.0 would have fixed this or it would have been a widely reported problem from others who have used the 3.0 on this site. To throw this out there as well I have upgraded to the 3.0.1 from pioneer and it didn't fix it either. I have never had this problem with my previous pioneer unit that used the same type of connection for the iPod.

Anyone have any thoughts, or had this same problem and what was done to fix it.

Thanks

Ryan

Speaking personally, I am sometimes intrigued by a heading like the one you have to your post; the kind that are so ambiguous and all-encompassing, that I click on them to see what the "problem" is. If others on this site are like me, that would explain the folks that have viewed this post and failed to "fix" it.

In the future, I would suggest trying to be a little more specific in the title to avoid having people view it and not instantly solve your issue.

Also, the fact that you have had your post up for all of 2 hours before you replied to yourself about the problem not being solved is just a little to much to ask. Give it a day or two, and I'm sure you will get some answers.

As the 3.0 update has yet to be "oficially" released as far as I know, I can't really speak to the version you now have installed on your unit (I miiiight be wrong on this, and if so, I apologize - but I don't think Pioneers is shipping the official SD card update yet)

Cheers,

Kev

Speaking personally, I am sometimes intrigued by a heading like the one you have to your post; the kind that are so ambiguous and all-encompassing, that I click on them to see what the "problem" is. If others on this site are like me, that would explain the folks that have viewed this post and failed to "fix" it.

In the future, I would suggest trying to be a little more specific in the title to avoid having people view it and not instantly solve your issue.

Also, the fact that you have had your post up for all of 2 hours before you replied to yourself about the problem not being solved is just a little to much to ask. Give it a day or two, and I'm sure you will get some answers.

As the 3.0 update has yet to be "oficially" released as far as I know, I can't really speak to the version you now have installed on your unit (I miiiight be wrong on this, and if so, I apologize - but I don't think Pioneers is shipping the official SD card update yet)

Cheers,

Kev

MR. WOMO your reasoning is exactly correct as to why I posted the subject title that I did. To get everyone to click on it and read it to see if someone might have had this exact problem at one point. I can admit when scanning through this forum I only look for problems that I am having. I'm sure a majority of others on here do the same.

What, is everyone stumped ? 11 people viewed this and still no comment.

Part of the reason for lack of response is that ipod/iphone audio is sent in via analog, and that means RCA jacks, and back into the dock connector, there's nothing the AVIC does other then mix it. The best way to test this theory is to hook up a 3.5mm to RCA jack out of your ipod/phone into the AVIC back RCA jacks, from there see what happens.

The majority of one-channel dropping out issues are connection related and external to the AVIC, that's why people make the recommendations they do, rarely is it the analog header inside the AVIC (always a possibility, but rare) However if someone insists the problem is in the AVIC, when logic says it's a rare option, most of us won't bother to try and change your mind. It goes back to the old axiom:

Never try and teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time, and annoys the pig

I'll also echo what Mr WOMO says, you gave it a couple hours on an internet forum, some of us have actual real lives that we hang out in! We don't wait here for folks to stop by. (well most of us don't)

Im not sure if I remember it correctly, but I remember reading somewhere that the RCA cables attached TO the unit, inside the soldering is weak, causing the channel loss.

Anyone can chime in on this? I have the same problem.

rarely is it the analog header inside the AVIC (always a possibility, but rare)

The same test I suggested above will help you deduce that.

What, is everyone stumped ? 11 people viewed this and still no comment.

Part of the reason for lack of response is that ipod/iphone audio is sent in via analog, and that means RCA jacks, and back into the dock connector, there's nothing the AVIC does other then mix it. The best way to test this theory is to hook up a 3.5mm to RCA jack out of your ipod/phone into the AVIC back RCA jacks, from there see what happens.

The majority of one-channel dropping out issues are connection related and external to the AVIC, that's why people make the recommendations they do, rarely is it the analog header inside the AVIC (always a possibility, but rare) However if someone insists the problem is in the AVIC, when logic says it's a rare option, most of us won't bother to try and change your mind. It goes back to the old axiom:

Never try and teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time, and annoys the pig

I'll also echo what Mr WOMO says, you gave it a couple hours on an internet forum, some of us have actual real lives that we hang out in! We don't wait here for folks to stop by. (well most of us don't)

dianebrat

Isn't the theory you are purposing with the 3.5mm the same as me swapping out the Pioneer cable that I'm currently using?

dianebrat

Isn't the theory you are purposing with the 3.5mm the same as me swapping out the Pioneer cable that I'm currently using?

By swapping to the 3.5mm jack to RCA's you also eliminate the dock connector on the ipod/iphone as a potential troublespot, and there have been more then a few times there have been dock connector issues on ipod/iphone units.