AVIC411.com

how do u put 2.0 back on?

Did you installed the hacked version of 3.0 on your F700BT ??

Now you know why I stated in the other post of yours why I'm waiting for the OFFICIAL release version. The hacked version was NOT for the F-Series as I have seen in many postings .. its for a Z-Series. There are even postings of people hacking the F910 3.0 release to work on other units .. although they state that everything seems to be working properly, and the enhancements they are seeing in regards to button press timings etc .. no one has mentioned anything in regards to really digging into the FULL functionality of EVERY option/component of there systems to see if it really does work or did it screw something up that they're not currently seeing, as in your case.

So the issues you are experiencing could very well be because of this.

Download from Pioneer the OFFICIAL 2.0 and transfer to SD .. insert in HU before turning on and keep your fingers crossed .. if it accepts it, it will automatically boot to install firmware/update .. if it doesn't, it will go directly to where you left off when you turned your system off. If that is the case .. then get hunting in this forum for a hacking way of downgrading.

Do u just use the 2.0 wince image and copy the my flash disk bacf to get it to 2.0 as i want to try and see if sd cards work without freezing?

Yes, I deleted all files from my flash disk first then copied my backup of v2 back to the flashdisk, worked fine, I have done this a couple of times when I was experimenting with v3, in the end I decided I prefered to just have the latest Win Ce (faster key response) and my tweeked version 2 back for now until a mod like GTIMATTS data.zip becomes available for V3.

What about the wince images?

Sorry, was in a hurry when I typed my reply, I am Using the Win CE and APL file from the Ver 3 update on the Pioneer EU site along with my original APL2 folder from Ver 2.007 including GTIMAtt data.zip and 2.007 hacked ezrider.

I much prefer this at the moment to having the APL2 from ver3 without the GTIMatt data.zip, I am happy with this as I can use the latest 2009.10 Europe maps and I like the user inteface from GTImatt more than the statndard Ver3 interface, the only thing realy like about it is the heading up 2d maps, as for the signs I can look out my window and see the real ones so can live without it.

Probably put the Apl2 from V3 in when a good enough data.zip comes along, the one from Keeper on the Kacks/Mods forum currently looks good but is for the US and includes MSN stuff which we don't have in Europe and I am not confident enough yet to hack it about.

If i want to go back to 2.0 or 2.06 u need the 2.0 wince images put back on and then the rest of the data by copying from the back?

You don't need to, ver 2 runs fine with the new Wince, in fact it runs better, faster key response, all you need to do is clear your flash disk and copy your backup onto it.

• 2 weeks later...
If i want to go back to 2.0 or 2.06 u need the 2.0 wince images put back on and then the rest of the data by copying from the back?

You don't need to, ver 2 runs fine with the new Wince, in fact it runs better, faster key response, all you need to do is clear your flash disk and copy your backup onto it.

I put 2.0 wince image on and tried to put all the folders back but the unit kept rebooting once in testmode? Even put 3.0 and the old file booted up then restarted? Whats the best way to get 2.0 or 2.06 back on??