AVIC411.com

My presets reset every time I update my data.zip

I'm not using a data.zip from this site - I'm using the one from the 3.01 update, and I've been manually modding it by adding stuff from other mods so I can get a custom mod that has everything I want.

Every time I update the data.zip on the unit, my presets get reset!

Anyone have a clue why? I'm thinking the data.zip from the 3.01 has something funky in it. If I use a data.zip from here (Keepers, or one of the others that are slightly modded) can/will that conflict with the 3.01 update? Is the 3.01 data.zip any different than the 3.0 data.zip?

Well thats annoying. It there a way to reboot the unit without turning the car off? I've made a habit of starting a large copy before I drive off, then as I'm heading down the road, 10 mins later when the copy is done I'll hit the reset button to boot the unit without havinng to pull over and turn my car off and on again.

Well thats annoying. It there a way to reboot the unit without turning the car off? I've made a habit of starting a large copy before I drive off, then as I'm heading down the road, 10 mins later when the copy is done I'll hit the reset button to boot the unit without havinng to pull over and turn my car off and on again.

Put a switch inline to the ignition source wire would be the only way I know of. I had thought about doing this since the ipod integration would occasionally lock up. I am holding out to see how this plays out in 3.0 though. So far so good.

i have a switch, in fact it isn't wired to the ignition at all. Here in the netherlands we got a lott of bridges that are lifted for boats to pass thru, then you have to turn the engine off, which would cause the pioneer to switch of, i don't like that, so i put it thru a manual switch.

Sometimes I am, yeah... will the reset button kill my presets?

Well as stated above this is your problem... Hit your switch or pull over and restart your car. In myind pulling over to restart car is quicker then resaving 36 preset channels. But at least we have solved the root of your problem now you just need to choose the most valued solution. FYI a data.zip update should take less then 30 secs just wait the min with ignition swith at acc not all the way on.