AVIC411.com

EU update/firmware on US unit >> F700

My US unit still works with 2.xxx firmware + hacked ezrider + Europe Maps + German Voice (no TTS)

I´m thinking now to upgrade my unit.

I know that i can upgrade only WinCE, and use IGO 8.0 with hacked ezrider+newest maps..

My question: Is it possible to use EU Firmware ( WinCE & APL & APL2) on my US unit? If yes, how to do? Can i use the EUf900BT-APL2 from turboboss.com?

Many thanks in advance

Yes, no problem. I have a same modification.

Which modification do you mean?

Does your USA-unit work with 3.01 FULL Europa Firmware? I mean IGO 8.3 + Europe Maps + Europe Languages and Voices?

2008 maps 8.3 Igo

2009 maps in igo 8.3 not runs (need hacked ezrider not yet avaiable)

I have a F700BT from the US using it in Germany. I upgraded to Fw 3.0, WinCe and igo 8.3 with the US software and downloads. Since then, of course I no longer had navigation working, until the hacked ezrider becomes available. I was fully aware of this.... now waiting for the new ezrider to appear.

I tried several times to load the EU image on my box with no success at all. Before while running on Fw 2.0 I used all the US applications with ezrider hacked, latest european maps and german voice guidance.

I´m in the same position................waiting................I´m using an USA F700BT in Spain...............actually I´m using the 2.0 FW and the IGO 8.0 maps.............but they are horrible, because I can set the always front view for the maps.........................so will be wainting for a new FW for the poors european people who are using the 8.0 maps.............