AVIC411.com

F90BT - Loving IT! but please help with some things.

I finally got my F90BT installed and 2/3s of the components, i am loving this thing!

What I have going on: AVIC F90BT with the basics GPS, Microphone, bypass. I did not hook any of the speakers to the HU rather all three RCA outputs go to an external Clarion crossover. For the front I have a HPF at 1KHz going into Pioneer (300W? max) 2 Channel Amp running at 2 x Ohms for the four tweeter. components. The rears I have on the lowest HPF of 35Hz to a Kenwood (800W? max) running at 2 x 2 Ohms for all the mids. The bass will be set at the LPF and run Hifonics 2000W Mono-D amp which will push 2 x 10" Pioneer Premier Subs (this part is pending for the hifonics amp and 1/0 Gauge wire to come in the mail on Tuesday/Wednesday of this week).

Running around Washington, DC today, which I know the roads quite well, the navigation took me an paths that I had never consider, passing most of the traffic. It was great. HOWEVER, Samantha and Jason need to SHUT UP! especially I I take a road that I prefer a a bypass to the one they provide. HOW CAN I DO THIS? IS THERE A WAY TO DISABLE THE VOICE NAVIGATION DIRECTIONS? (I couldn't find it using search).

THe HD radio (I have the p10) works pretty great. However in my install I thought I could only plug the antenna into the p10 and would not need to plug it into the radio. Well some spots I got horrible/no receptions. Gonna make my way to an auto parts to pick up a splitter.

I have completed the hardwire bypass, moving the the mute to pin4 and grounding the radio, park, and mute to the old radio ground (there are no grounding points immediately around the radio). While driving, I got the BRAKE WARNING. In my searches it said they was no need to split the Brake/Mute Ground and Radio ground, so I believe that's not the problem. I am going to recheck if the mute is seated in the plug correctly when I add the antenna to the HU. WOULD THERE BE ANYTHING ELSE TO CHECK IF THE GROUND AND PLUG SEAT ARE INDEED FINE?

When I was driving and trying to enter the destination on the fly, the HU would not allow for me to enter any directions or select POIs. WILL THIS GO AWAY WHEN I FIX THE HARDWIRE BYPASS? Or is there a software bypass thats needs to accompany the hardwire bypass? I saw some forums talking about increasing the speed in the software. Is that because there is a dual override, such that the brake need needs to activated OR speed under such-and-such. Or does the Brake completely override. So I didn't do the hardwire bypass and I just left my e-brake on all the time, would that override the speed rule?

Well I think that is it. If you have any questions about set up which I could help with or if you could help me with these couple of things, I would greatly appreciate it.

~Bonesy

Check to make sure that it is correctly grounded once done properly it will not give you a warning anymore.

Go to settings Navi settings then at the bottom

sound settings and turn the voice part of the controls all the way off.

The sitter should do the trick but you won't get MSN.

Alright!

Today I got the firmware 3.01 installed and fixed the brake bypassed fix. The mute cable had somehow lost its seating within the plug harness. I am plugging in directions, watchin movies, making phone calls, its great!

You say:

The sitter should do the trick but you won't get MSN.

Why would I not get MSN if the antenna is plugged both into the HU Digi-III(?) tuner and the HD p10 tuner? Are you saying this because some setting will be off or because the decreased signal in the split antenna ends will no longer be strong enough for it? Thanks for clarify.

You say:

o to settings Navi settings then at the bottom

sound settings and turn the voice part of the controls all the way off.

Doesn't this method still cause the cut-out in the music? I thought I had tried this and thats what happened. I will try again tomorrow though. Otherwise I would like to try:

http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/Add_Voice_Guidance_Mute_Button

Has anyone tried this with the 3.01 update yet? Does this mute and also stop the cutting of the music sound? Really I am just looking for my music to be seamless, there's got to be a code to stop the cut-out. Does anyone know what this is and how to alter it?

Also I was trying to do some software mods last night with my Mac and using BetterZip, but when I replace the Data.ZIP with the edited one, the AVIC would not boot up correctly. Has anyone been able to do mod with a mac that does not have XP paralleled? I am assume the problem is BetterZip will save the Data.ZIP in a way that the AVIC does not recognize.

Thanks for any guidance. :D

Do not modify a data.zip with a mac it will just keep your system stuck in startup...

Go to Keepers Mod plus Safety Cam scroll down the first page look for my post about the 4 in one mod download that and then place all the unzipped files right into your SD card and testmode version 2.3 Read the directions located inside the zip and do as it says and you will have everything you need.

This will give you speed cams and option to easily turnoff voice guidance. If you turn down the volume on voice guidance all the way to off in settings though that should not create a blank sound where the voice should play. It will just keep your music playing.