AVIC411.com

Has anyone added poi's to their 3.0 update? I am not interested in using different maps than the stock ones, I am happy with those but I hate that I can't see the poi's as logo icons. So sick of the knife and fork!!!! Is there a way to change them out on 3.0 and if there is a way can someone give me instructions?

Also is there a difference between the 3.0 torrent and the official 3.0 that is going to be released? I was going to buy the new cards but I did the download and want to know if it will just be a waste to buy the same firmware update and maps....

Thanks

Has anyone added poi's to their 3.0 update? I am not interested in using different maps than the stock ones, I am happy with those but I hate that I can't see the poi's as logo icons. So sick of the knife and fork!!!! Is there a way to change them out on 3.0 and if there is a way can someone give me instructions?

Also is there a difference between the 3.0 torrent and the official 3.0 that is going to be released? I was going to buy the new cards but I did the download and want to know if it will just be a waste to buy the same firmware update and maps....

Thanks

You should be able to use a BRANDING.ZIP file to add POI icons. Apparently some of the mods for 3.0 that appear here already include it. Technically, this is not adding pOIs though, just changing pictures for them.

Torrent is supposedly the exact content of a newer AVIC so it is pretty much the same thing that Pioneer would send you (they all run the same software). So if you are personally OK with dealing in stolen goods, you don't need to buy it :lol: