AVIC411.com

I hate to have to post this.

same thing happened to me, only I didn't have a Avic.

I had the stock alarm on chevy truck, loosers got my Stereo, 7" DVD Screen, my ipod, my coffee mug. YES.... my coffee mug, my bluetooth headset, 1000w Rockford Fosgate Amp, my T1, Dual Voice coil comp Subwoofers, everything.. Right in my Driveway!

I now have a solid Viper Alarm, if anyone breaths on my truck it goes off, cars with loud exhaust set it off. :D no ones getting my stuff again if I can help it.

Wouldn't you just love to catch them in the act and have a bat handy.

A BAT!!! Read my sig, I got more then a bat, I would love to catch one of these bastards. It wouldn't even have to be my car. I would just like to catch one breaking into anyone's car.

Wouldn't you just love to catch them in the act and have a bat handy.

A BAT!!! Read my sig, I got more then a bat, I would love to catch one of these bastards. It wouldn't even have to be my car. I would just like to catch one breaking into anyone's car.

A Factory alarm is just a glorified noise maker!!! Even Aftermarket alarms are only good if people pay attention to them...

I had my AVIC-D3 stolen out of my car in my work parking lot, it is in a mall area which is very high traffic (people and cars) I have a high end pager alarm on my vehicle. Teh sad news was that my keys were in my toolbox and by the time I heard the pager going off and got out to my car the people were gone with my D3 and they caused a crap ton of damage!! Good thing I was paid up on my car insurance, they covered everything and I got to upgrade to the F900!

So now my question is... Anyone know where I can purchase a "Trunk Monkey" (youTube search for it) At work so I cannot access YouTube to give the URL... Funny stuff!! Maybe we could train the Trunk Monkey to use the Smith & Wesson... Whattya think?

That Sucks, sorry to hear it, i have a 2001 Audi A6 and it has Sonic window sensors, even if the window is left down as soon as anything comes in the wind ( anything bigger then a lighter lol) it sets the alarm off. too bad the alarm is a second horn located in the trunk its not very loud so i up dated it with a Eletric air Horn, and now i hate to even set it at night cause its so damn loud

That really sucks sorry to hear that. but I feel your pain.... I had a 92 5.0 LX with lots of after market upgrades, Clarion HU, Blade amps, Oz door and rear speakers, JL stealth box, plus performance mods, rims, etc. Anyway I just finished paying off the 5 year loan on it so I dropped my insurance down to liability only like an idiot. The car had a after market Chapman alarm with the shock sensor. Well to make long story short, it was stolen right out of my driveway at night, I can only assume they took the audio out, and then set the car on fire. This is after they hit a parked car while a guy was opening the door. The only reason the police knew it was my car is because they had thrown my check book at the guy who's door they hit tired grabbing one of the punks who was in the passenger seat. One day later got another call from the police saying they had good news and bad news... They found it but it was roasting in a parking lot :evil:

I have had a stereo stolen one time. I am always worrying about someone stealing my F700, but i have my windows tintent limo and usually park in a highly visible area. Security guards patrol where i work and i garage my car. I dont have an alarm because whats the point? no body pays attention to them and it takes approximately 30 seconds for someone to be in and out with all your stuff. You will be lucky to get the page from your fancy alarm in that time let alone run out and see anyone still in your car.

As far as smith and wesson guy, thats funny. I hope you do see someone breaking in a vehicle. But i would reccomend not using because you would have a tough time proving fear of life unless he points one at you too.

Again, yeah the best defense is cover your stuff up, tint your windows and put a window shield on the windshield. Alarms are worthless only good for the keyless entry and being annoying.

As far as smith and wesson guy, thats funny. I hope you do see someone breaking in a vehicle. But i would reccomend not using because you would have a tough time proving fear of life unless he points one at you too.

Depends on where you live... I am quite happy to be in a state that recognizes that it is within a citizens rights to use lethal force in defense of their person or property. Being in fear of your life is no longer a legal ambiguity in this state. You just have to have believed there was no other option available to you to prevent the crime.

Now I'm not saying that stealing a car stereo is a crime worthy of death, but if you break into someones car and they catch you and attempt to hold you at gunpoint until law enforcement arrives, you had best sit still and behave. No telling what may happen if you make an unexpected move.

Don't suffer from the illusion that the police are going to protect your person or your property from a crime. Crime happens, they can't prevent it. They can fill out a report and maybe make an arrest after the fact. Protecting yourself from crime is your own responsibilty.

"The Second Amendment is my concealed weapons permit. I carry a gun because a cop is just too damn heavy."